Wednesday 27 March 2019

WOYWW...

Several of you have been asking about details about this years WOYWW crop.  Julia put a post up earlier in the week but for those that missed it I have copied it here for you.....Please leave numbers over at Julia's to avoid confusion.....and soon as possible so we can get organised at this end please.


Our event will take place on June 1st 2019    10am – 4pm
It will be held at:
Radbrook Community Centre, Calverton Way, Radbrook Green, Shrewsbury SY3 6DZ
This is the link if you want to find out more    https://www.radbrook.org.uk/
The venue is about 1 mile east of the A5 junction with the A488.
It is easy to find by road and about 10 minutes from the centre of town by bus.
The bus station is a 5 minute walk from the rail station.
Bus Number 20 Radbrook Green.
There is a Premier Inn next door to the bus station but also lots of other accommodation in town, should you want it.
Lunch will be a finger food cold buffet. Cake and tea/coffee will be available all day
The cost will be £10 per person to cover food, hall fees etc.
In the past some of our lovely menfolk have also joined us so please let us know that too so we can count them in the numbers.
** We need to know numbers as soon as possible so please let Julia know by commenting on her blog. **

There will be the usual activities plus some celebratory frivolity!!
So…
• Bring any crafty activity you might wish to do on the day
• There will be a raffle table and, in the past most folk have donated a little raffle prize. All proceeds will go to the chosen charity for the day.
• We will also set a table aside for any items you may wish to swap/pass on to others. (If they are still there at the end of the day, please take them home with you)
I hope that helps and I really hope as it's also to celebrate 10 years of fun and friendship you will all make the extra effort to join us....the more the merrier.

Now to what is on my desk today.  The answer is not a lot but for those that haven't seen my latest little bear here's a pic...
 He's made using tiny babygros to remember just how small the little boy was who used to wear them.  I've manages to applique the boat on the one front....I have to use the back panel of the babygro to get a big enough piece to make a bear front out of so if I can I like to take the detail off the front of the babygro and applique it on the front of the bear...cute eh?

Sorry I've not got more to share with you today but I had a full day's fun with little Theo yesterday so had little time for sewing ;-)
Hugs,
Annie x

20 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Your Bears always bring a smile to my face each Wednesday Annie, Wednesday's would not be the same without seeing one. Glad you had a fun day with Theo yesterday. You will all have so much fun at the 10th Anniversary.
Happy WoywW Hugs Tracey #7

Lynn Holland said...

I’m really sad that I can’t make the crop. It’s sods law that I’m already booked on a workshop that day in Brighouse. I’m increasingly amazed at how many times events are on the same day. It happens to me all the time.
I’ve booked a special weekend for Philips 70th only to find out that a similar one is on the same day and one we would have gone to instead.
Not to worry I’ll look forward to your blog posts about your fun day together
Lynn xx 14

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Your little bears are so cute and what a good idea. Hope you have a good day. xxx Maggie (Silvercrafter) #8

Catriona said...

He’s such a cutie and you always take such care. I am sorting out “stuff” and it’s taking forever. Hopefully, we’re off at the weekend for our first sleepover. Norrie won’t be staying at the crop as he’s quite happy with his own company.

Neet said...

Best days are grandee days!
Have booked provisionally an overnighter for the crop - am so excited. Hope the back is better for then but hey ho - still coming.
Hugs, Neet 4 xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I'm coming!! It's not far away now, am really looking forward to it such a lot. Seeing everyone is. Agreat thrill, catching up on the gossip and just checking that everyone is ok. That little bear is very cute, especially the appliqué!
Hugs LLJ 9 xxxx

Twiglet said...

Great bear - they all look so different don't they. x Jo

Glenda said...

Such a cute little bear! Hope you have a great rest of the week! Happy WOYWW! Glenda #19

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, loving the bear! Looking forward to the crop already! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #2 X

Julia Dunnit said...

Cute babygro bear..isn’t it odd how whatever patterns are, they always work well on a bear!
I’ve been a bit less strenuous in asking for crop numbers than you, I think it’s because even for me it still seems a while away even if it is the first of the month, juNe feels every second of 3 months away!

Marit said...

I would LOVE to be present at the birthday crop to meet you all face to face, but my budget doesn't allow it... I will drool over all the photos you folks will probably share on your blogs :) I love the little bear, so smart and detailed of you to put the eyecatchers/boat on the front! Happy woyww and a hug from Holland. Marit #18

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, I don't think I need to tell you that Alan & I will be at the crop - Alan's delighted to have all the details too. Let's hope it's going to be a big turnout for this special year. Your bear is gorgeous, of course. Have a wonderful week. Hugs, Ellie X #28

Sarah Brennan said...

Thanks for doing all the organising between you and Jo this year Annie. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone. Cute bear as ever! Happy WOYWW. Sarah #5

Caro said...

Cute bear! I am trying to arrange childcare so I can come, but wont be able to confirm until after Easter - Hope that's not too late. I would so love to meet you all in person. Thanks for sharing. Happy WOYWW and have a lovely week. With love & God Bless. Caro xxx (#26)

Helen said...

that teddy is gorgeous! I am really hoping to make the crop, keep forgetting to check trains and work out costings as I will have to stay over two night before and after. Helen #3

Anne said...

Hello Annie. I'm a little late - a busy day. I love the bears, and have in mind to bring along something that belonged to my dad for you to work your magic. Keeping everything crossed that I make the crop. Anne x #16

Bridget Larsen said...

It should be a great get together, wish I was a fly on the wall or even better, there having fun with you all
Bridget x1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Another gorgeous Bear, love him/her. I wish I could make the crop, it's just difficult for me to get away but looking forward to seeing the pics of the day. Happy creative week and hope your woyww has been a good one, Angela x20x

Heather M said...

Hi Annie, thanks for the crop info, hopefully I will be there. Always great fun playing with the grandchildren, time later for crafting. Have a lovely week hugs Heather xx #11

glitterandglue said...

Hi Annie. No post from me this week - was away with the families over the weekend, so absolutely no crafting taken place!! I have told Julia I'm coming - and Mrs D has booked a bed with me for the weekend - don't know yet about Mr D. But please let me know what you would like the two of us to bring to help out. Cake, presumably - and possibly cake... Anything else???
Take care. God bless.
Margaret