Friday 8 March 2019

This week's smiles....week 311

I have just been looking back at some of my Smiley posts and was amazed that I first started writing them way back on 18th Jan 2013!! What a lot of happy posts eh?  Many more joined in back then and it was really lovely to see what was making everyone smile.  If you'd like to see what was making me smile back then here's a link.... My First Friday Smiles post.  It wont surprise you that my Grandchildren featured in that one because they never fail to make me smile....and this week is no exception.

Lots of you have come to see Theo in his Stick Man outfit....I'm sorry to say that it's just not going to happen....but I'm still laughing about it.  I only have the one photo of it and at this point it's not quite finished....

 ....the top has had slits cut in the bottoms of the sleeves and around the bottom of the top.  The headband has had black centres drawn in the eyes.
It fit and looked really lovely.... to us that is! Theo was fine until he saw himself wearing it in the mirror and he went into meltdown saying..."I'm not Stick Man I'm just Theo".  He insisted it was taken off and refused to wear it.
Gina was so sorry that I'd spent time making his outfit and ended up buying him some Peter rabbit pyjamas to wear instead.  She put the outfit in a bag to take to Nursery with him, just in case, and was greeted by two other mums at the Nursery door with outfits in bags too.  It must be something to do with the age of the beasts but it has certainly caused lots of giggles.  

Here's Amy's three dressed up.  Lulu and Steve were two little puppies from 101 Dalmatians and Phoebe is Hermione from the Harry Potter books.

You will all be used to Poppy Dog sitting in on their photos but it really make us smile to see little Molly has joined in too....she really has made herself at home now.

The twins school is celebrating World Book Day today so I don't have any pics of them as yet.



My other smiles this week are of these two.  They are getting used to each other now as you can see.  Poppy is such a placid tempered dog that when Molly wants to play and nips at her legs she just walks away and wont tell her off but when it comes to nap time they are happy to snuggle up together.





The bottom pic came with the slogan....a cuddle or strangle?  :-) :-)

That's all my smiles for this week so please leave me a comment and then share your smiles with us too by linking below.

11 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The twins are adorable as Dalmatians, and those two dogs really made me smile. I guess I'm like Poppy and Squiggles is like Molly, because that is how we sleep. Bleubeard sleeps between my curled legs or at the top of my head. He's never been a cuddler. You definitely have a lot to smile about, even if Theo didn't want to be Stick Man after all.

Have a super Friday and a great weekend, too, dear.

Lisca said...

After all that! It must be his age where he doesn't quite know the difference between fantasy and reality. He wants to BE Stick Man, not vaguely look like him. Bless him. And bless you too for doing all tha work!
The other kids look great too. And the photos with Poppy and Molly are so endearing.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca
PS Have you been out in the motorhome lately?

Twiglet said...

Lovely photos and that stick man suit looks fab. It will always be a favourite in his dressing up box, I expect - just not when you want him to wear it!! xx Jo

mamapez5 said...

I looked back at your first post but I see I wasn't visiting you then. It has been fun watching all the little ones growing up. I thought you'd be showing some Book Day costumes this week. I have seen quite a few on Facebook. I had to smile at little Theo refusing to wear the Stick man outfit. And after all that work too. Little ones are so unpredictable. But I am sure he will love it soon.
The dogs are adorable snuggling up together. Poppy looks so tiny next to Molly.
Hope you have a good week. Kate x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I read and reread your comment to me, then reread your post today. I saw that there were no photos yet because World Book Day hadn't happened, but I also saw the twins dressed as dalmatians and now I'm confused after you wrote "three in the photo are Amy's three and the twins are dressed up today for their World Book Day so there's no pics of them as yet." What am I missing? I am either really confused, OR I need coffee!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, you certainly had a load of visitors for your first Friday Smiles post. There may not be so many now but you're still here and I'm loving it. The children look great and the dogs too. It's a shame Theo didn't like his costume but I'm sure you will remind him of that when he's older and you'll all be able to laugh about it. Have a great weekend, Angela xXx

Catriona said...

I had a lovely smile about Theo and the unworn outfit this morning-my daughter liked dressing up outfits that she devised or issued exact instructions on how they had to be made-otherwise not a chance. The last photo of the dogs is hilarious-that pup is being firmly held down sonthat he will give the older one peace. Lovely post as always. X

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Your photos and blog post made me smile. His costume looked great, so I'm sorry he didn't like it. But it sounds like he's not the only child going through some kind of "phase" right now. The other costumes looked great, and I liked the dogs posing in front of them. I think the last dog photo is a cuddle. :-)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am SUCH A DUFUS. I thought Lulu and Steve were the twins when they were dressed alike. I have egg on my face, but now at least I understand what you were talking about. I wondered why Phoebe and the pups were with the twins. Now I know. Again, DUH on my part!

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Hi Annie had to pop over and see stick man and just see Theo went.. what I chuckle I just look like Theo. As long as there's no mirror he'll love dressing up in it.. loved the others too.. very clever work! Happy Smiles day. Shazin Oz.x

Lynn Holland said...

I may not join in that much bit but I do enjoy your Friday smiles Annie. I love your full and happy life. It always makes me smile xxx