Friday 15 March 2019

This week's smiles....week 312

Another week has passed and I've yet more smiles to share with you.




As the twins celebrated World Book Day on Friday last week instead of the Thursday I didn't have their pics to share with you when I wrote my blog so here's their outfits....Lexi is Veruca Salt and Sam is Charlie Bucket from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  A fun time was had by all as you can see.






Sam didn't find learning to swim easy but is now going from strength to strength and has now gained the next swim certificate.....well done young man, so proud of you.





When I was a little girl one of my party pieces was to touch the back of my head with both feet at the same time and Lexi is determined to be able to do the same as her Nanny....she's getting there and is now just an inch off.

I struggle to believe I was ever so flexible now because there are days when I can't even put my socks on!!....old age!!



Amy sent me this pic of Molly puppy with the slogan...

"She's no lady!!"

My comment was that she's obviously very relaxed and at home there now and at least she does have her legs crossed!  :-)  What a cutie she is now.



I found this on Facebook and thought I'd share it with all you Grandmothers out there....this certainly applies to me, how about you?

That's all my shares for today.  Please leave me a little comment and, if you can, then link to your own smiles below.
Hope you all have a great week filled with smiles.
Hugs,
Annie x

6 comments:

Lisca said...

Lovely to see the twins all dressed up. I haven't read the books in question but they look great.
Well done Same! He has 'got it'!
Were you that flexible? Wow! I am impressed. I wasn't at all when I was young, but I'm fairly flexible now (but not to this extent)
I had to smile at Molly puppy. No decorum! (But with her legs crossed).
I am a distant grandmother so the funny doesn't apply to me. I only see the grandchildren once a year, but I know that many grandparents feel that way.
Have a lovely Friday and a great weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, good to see the children developing such a great range of interests. Though I am not a granny myself I definitely had a similar relationship with my own Grandmother which I will never forget. Molly puppy is so sweet and obviously feels very relaxed in her new home.
Wishing you all a lovely Friday and very happy weekend, Angela xXx

Twiglet said...

Fab post again Annie and the little Grandma poster is certainly us isn't it!! xx Jo

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wonderful photos that made me smile.

mamapez5 said...

There is something about Roald Dahl books that all the children love. I know my boys did, and I see the twinnies do too. I think world book day is a great idea, as long as all the parents (or grandparents) help when necessary.
Well done Stevie for persevering with his swimming. Such a great thing to be able to do, and it is good that there so many incentives to keep them going.
I know what you mean about being flexible. I remember when Ben mastered splits, something I had never been able to do, and now, as you say, getting socks on can be a challenge.
I like the little "Grandmother" piece. That suits us exactly.
(I didn't get your comment last week again, though I am pretty sure you will have sent one).
Have a lovely weekend. Kate xx

crafty cat corner said...

Love the dog pose, oh that I could lay like that, sadly I'm too stiff, lol
Briony
x