Wednesday 27 February 2019

WOYWW...

Hello all.  It's been a bear week for me this week.  Many of you might have seen the Valentine Gift draw I had over on my Sewing by Annie Facebook page, well the number that was drawn out by the random number generator belonged to our good friend Catriona....many of you will know her because she comments on the blogs often [but as yet I've not managed to get her to join in the fun by writing one].  

She sent me some Harris tweed to make her bear out of and here he is....






She's called him Harris and he is to go on his travels with them in their new Motor home.

Of course as she is also a good friend I felt the need to go the extra mile for her and......

 




....I made him his very own kilt and sporran.  He wouldn't have been a true Scot without one would he?

Catriona also sent me a further piece of Harris tweed to make an extra bear for one of her friends so.....





....here's the other little bear I made for her....I really love the colours of this one and have a feeling he will be much loved and given a name too.

I went to have my hair cut on Thursday and the girls there asked to look at the latest pics of my bears.  They loved them so that much that the lady who cuts my hair rang her hubby to drop a shirt off while I was there to have these three bears made out of in memory of her much loved dad.  I normally match the checks but it was important that I got three bears out of the one shirt and it used every last inch so matching was out of the question but she's really pleased with the results.




So, as yet there is nothing more on my desk to share with you but I do have more expected this week.
I hope you have enjoyed your visit and will leave me a little message so I know you've called in and I will then do my best to pay you a return visit ASAP. Hope you all have a happy, healthy and creative week.
Hugs,
Annie x


18 comments:

Helen said...

what a gorgeous group of bears you made! the kilt made me smile, but my favourite is the second bear you made for Catriona. Helen #4

Catriona said...

My friend loved her bear, Annie, thank you. Glad you didn’t show Harris as the true Scotsman he is!! Naughty Harris is out of the naughty pocket now you’ll be pleased to know!! Busy sewer as always and I always look forward to the latest bears. Catriona

Lynn Holland said...

I think Harris is fabulous. You really have created a wonderful thing with your bears Annie
Have a good week lovely lady
Lynn xxx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh Annie, that kilt is just the sweetest addition but with my other half's Scottish heritage i'm rather partial to a bit of tartan & tweed. I'm sure there are many many adventures for Harris to be had.
Thank you as always for sharing WoywW always a delight to see.
Hugs Tracey #7 x

Claire said...

Ooh, I want a teddy in a kilt!! Sooo cute :)
Happy WOYWW!
Claire no. 1

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The kilt is brilliant and suits Harris a lot! I laughed at Catriona's comment about him being a true Scotsman - does that mean he's got whisky in his sporran then ;-). I bet bears normally go commando anyway :-D
Hugs LLJ 10 xxx

Twiglet said...

Tartan bears rule OK! Love the sporran on Catriona's cheeky little bear. xx Jo

Neet said...

Your bears are absolutely beautiful. I love the second tweed too and I think he is definitely an Hamish. Sounds good with Harris too - two great friends, Harris and Hamish. That kilt is inspired!
Glad you are enjoying this fine weather.
hugs, Neet 2 xx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, lovely bears as always. Tweeds must be quite an awkward fabric to work with. Love his kilt & sporran. Hope you are not still suffering with the sciatica. Love & hugs, Shaz #6 XxX

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I love all of the bears you made. And that added kilt was a great idea.

Marit said...

Even without the 'matching checks' the bears look lovely! (and what a work that is, getting the squares right! When I was 19, I studied to be a seamstress and we had to draw and sew checked dresses and everything had to be 'right' at the arms and shoulders and - oh my, getting stressed even thinking about it!) We had a sunny Spring-like day here with 17 degrees Celcius! They say it will get colder as of tomorrow so I made good use of today by spending most of it outside. Creating will have to wait for grey days. I do hope your day was as good as mine. Thanks for your visit this morning, happy woyww, hug from sunny Holland. Marit #15

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Harris is cute in his kilt and I wonder what name will be chosen for his companion! Well done for squeezing three bears out of one shirt! Happy #508! zsuzsa #18

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, you might have expected this but I absolutely adore Harris! His kilt and sporran are the perfect finishing touch. Tweed is the perfect fabric for your memory bears - very cuddly. As are the plaid trio - the recipients are going to love them. You always choose the perfect ribbons for them too. You're right about the Scottie dogs - it's the black ones that are endangered according to the Kennel Club. They are giving way to designer breeds that are so fashionable now. What price fashion!!! Hugs, Ellie x #20

Caro said...

Gorgeous bears! Loving the kilt and sporran especially. Thanks for sharing. Take care and have a great week. With love Caro x (#26)

My name is Cindy said...

Love Harris bear and his kilt is just so cute!! Happy Wednesday, Cindy #17

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Your bears just get better and better thanks to all those great fabrics you keep getting. Love them. Have a great woyww, what's left of it and a happy creative week, Angela x14x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh Annie a kilt on a ted.. how utterly perfect.
How wonderful isnt it that these teddies are precious memories of a dear one.
Happy WOYWW Shaz in Oz x. #8

Sarah Brennan said...

Harris and friend are amazing Annie, especially his lovely kilt and sporran. I do love seeing the new bears that you share with us! Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3