Wednesday 20 February 2019

WOYWW.....

It's been a very quiet time work wise for me this week but that has allowed my body a little more time to fight this ******* cough I've got. I've wheezed lots and needed my puffers more than normal so will be really glad when it improves now.

I have had a special request this week from a rather concerned Lulu.  She brought home the REACH bear I made for her school because he was in need of repair and a little operation.  

One of the children had poked a hole in his tummy with a pencil so Nurse Nanny Annie had to operate.  I found a small piece of peach spotty fabric [obviously kept for exactly this job!] that looked like a plaster and have even added a square of lint in the middle so it looks like the real thing and bond-a-webbed and then stitched it in place over the hole on his tummy....I've even been daft enough to write a letter to go back to school with him telling the children what a good patient he'd been. 

The only other things on my desk today are my piles of 6 different tartans....I've no idea at all what tartans they are [any help from my Scottish friends gratefully received on their identities] but when a customer asks if I have any tartan fabric my answer could have been 'Is the Pope Catholic?'  Of course I do...what don't I have? Next question is which one to use?..Librans are so indecisive.....I may stroke them for a while before I decide. :-)


That's all from me for today...short and sweet, just as Julia likes it for a change.  I have orders for several Memory bears up and coming....8-10 at least! So I will be busy again soon but until then I'm being sensible and enjoying a gentler pace of life.
Hugs,
Annie x

16 comments:

Helen said...

great repair work! love all the tartans too. Enjoy the quiet before work picks up again Helen #1

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I'm glad you were able to repair the bear. And those tartans are beautiful.

Lynn Holland said...

Indecisive Librans ! I’m glad you told me that, my sister is one and she does run true to form.,,it taken her 8 years to decide which carpet she wants in her front room and don’t even mention clothes shopping haha.
Take care of yourself missus and have a good week.
Lynn #9 xXx

Claire said...

Those snowdrops are just stunning - we have quite a display in the village churchyard :)
Some glorious tartans there!
Happy WOYWW :)
Claire no. 2

crafty cat corner said...

I just love the plaster on the bear, it reminded me of a pair of pyjamas my son had when he was young, he tore the seat and I appliqued a big yellow sun on the bum, lol
As for your cough, I sympathise with you, I had it for one month together with a lumpy throat, and it has just re-appeared. Its a tough virus to shift this one.
Hope you feel better soon.
Briony
x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh dear Annie that cough dies hang around doesn’t it!? really love the bear bandaid, how clever are you and a medical letter to school also!
Happy WOYWW, Shaz in Oz.x #4

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
{Wonderful Words Of Life - Shaz in Oz}

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Sorry dues hang around!! And love the tartan allllll are gorgeous and def stroke worthy. Xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The kids will love the letter about the bear, nice touch! I like the tartans too, what have you got in mind for them then? Sorry to hear about your cough, I'm still battling this lurgy too, feel like I've got lead weights on my feet!
Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

Neet said...

First of all I hope that chest hurries and clears for you.
Now as regards Nurse Annie - I think that was lovely of you to put a plaster on the bear and even more lovely to write a note from the hospital to say how brave he had been.
Love all the tartans but not much help in saying what they are - I remember as a child I always loved my tartan skirt (there is a story there too) and I had a thing about Stuart Tartan and bought a tie when in Scotland - I was only about 9 at the time.
Hugs, Neet 7
ps just looked up Stuart tartan - it must have been Dress Stuart as I remember there was a white background.

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, loving the bears plaster, and the letter is a fab idea! Hope the cough eases soon- I had a stupid dry tickly cough as a side effect of one of my blood pressure meds, and it drove me potty! Loving the tartans too, reminds me of a skirt I had when I was about 10 .:) Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #15 X

J said...

Hi Annie, sorry to hear you are still trying to recover, coughing does wear you out.
Poor bear, good job you are handy with a needle. A lovely set of tartans, so apart from kilts what do you use them for?
have a good week and take care
Jan no18

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, what an imaginative and cool Nannie you are! The 'plaster' is nothing short of genius and I'm sure the wee one that caused the injury will be as pleased as Lulu to see what you've done to the bear. I don't recognise all the tartans but I do know that the green/yellow/white is the Dress Gordon because it's my father's regimental tartan. I think the blue one is possible the Thomson, another with family associations, but I'm not at all sure about the red ones. Hope there are others out there that recognise them. Hope you have a better week and that your cough clears at last. Hugs, Ellie xx #19

Sarah Brennan said...

Hope the cough disappears soon Annie. Love the bear's bandage and the letter was the prefect touch, not at all daft. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #5

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Poor teddy though actually the plaster rather suits him. Great collection of tartans too, love them. Have a lovely woyww, Angela x13x

Heather M said...

Hi Annie, hope you manage to shake the cough off soon! I'm a Libran too - but I wouldn't have said I'm indecisive - or maybe I am, hmm I don't know really, I just like to take my time making my mind up lol. Aww, you're such a great Nanny, love that you wrote a letter too .... these things are so special! Have a lovely week Heather x #17

Marit said...

It's a nasty virus and I hope you get rid of that cough soon! I LOVE the plaster you put on the bear's tummy, you are like a fairy/witchy 'grand old lady' that makes and repairs bears and even write letters telling their story, my mum is exactly like you (she don't make bears though, she's a poem and writer of children's books.. a 'fairytale mum' indeed!) I love the tartan as I was once a big fan of the Bay City Rollers (eeeckkk...) and although I don't prefer that kind of music anymore, I never lost the love for Scotland. Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday, have a great day. Love from Holland, Marit #16