Wednesday 30 January 2019

WOYWW....

Hello all.  I hope you're all managing to steer clear of all the bugs that seem to be about at the mo.  My family seem to be dropping like flies so we've kept away from all as much as we can...so far apart from the cough/cold that we've both had for what seems like weeks we are both well enough to work thankfully....and for those that have asked me yes I still have the my sciatica but apart from the aches/tingles down my leg and stiffness first thing most mornings it's manageable thankfully.

So what have I been up to this week and what's on my desk today?




I've planned and plotted with the squares I had cut out ready for making a cover for my Memory bear file and then sewed them all together to make the length needed.





I found a teddy design I liked for the front and cut out all the pieces to applique on the front.





I machine embroidered all the pieces in place using a lovely random stitch to make him look like a 'Tatty teddy' and then machine stitched all the rest of the details it needed.



I've then wadded, lined and made the cover to fit my A4 file and

.....Ta da!  I'm rather chuffed with the finished cover and it certainly looks better than the plain black file that it was.



The other thing sitting on my desk today is the 200th Memory bear that I made yesterday because Theo's mummy was too poorly to go to work so she stayed at home with him and I therefore didn't have my little playmate for the day.

This bear was made out of a special Grandad's jumper so needed stabilising with interfacing before making but was a really lovely bear to make.

I am expecting the items of clothing to make another 6 bears today and already have another order for a further 6 to come soon so I'm really enjoying making special memories for a lot of really lovely people.






I hope you have enjoyed your visit today and will leave me a little message to let me know you've called in....I will do my best to pay you a return visit between bears :-)
Hugs,
Annie x

18 comments:

Helen said...

well done on your 200th bear. sorry your family are all succumbing to bugs. I still have the cough left from my cold, they do hang around don't they! Happy WOYWW Helen #3

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. I love your folder and your 200th bear is so smart. We have 'sort of' recovered from our nasty colds, but still coughing a bit. Ali x #8

Claire said...

Oooh, look at that quilt - just gorgeous! And that teddy is longing for a hug :)
Happy WOYWW!
Claire no. 6

Twiglet said...

Oh so brilliant! I love the Ted cover now you have embellished little Ted and your latest bear is perfect. He will be loved I am sure. xxx Jo

Catriona said...

Loving both your bears and you are certainly going to be busy with 12 more to make! Sorry to hear you didn’t have your playmate on Tuesday and hope his Mummy is soon feeling better. It’s very cold and beautifully bright here today and I am meeting a friend for coffee at 11am so better get a move on.

Lynn Holland said...

It’s such a wonderful thing you are doing for people Annie. It fills my heart the comfort you are giving to people with your bears. Well done sweet friend and well done on your file cover it’s fabulous
Lynn xxx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That file is genius, the cover is just beautiful Annie and perfect for preserving all those memories. I'm glad you're feeling better sciatica-wise, I'm trying to fend off a cold. More whisky, I think :-D
Hugs LLJ 10 xxx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, wow you are so clever! That book cover is fab. Well done on 200 bears- thats a lot of happy people. :) Good to hear your sciatica is at least manageable, even though it's not totally gone. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #7 XxX

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh the fun talents you have being creative with that machine. Love the fabric and it is the sweetest applique. Good job lady. Your little memory bears are really a special thing. Have a great week, keep warm #19

Marit said...

Yes, the virus is going 'round in the Netherlands too, luckily almost everyone in my family had it in December and we're all ok now... I love the 200th memory bear, the fabric looks real soft and warm, a bear to cuddle! Happy woyww and a hug from Holland, Marit #18

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, love the patchwork cover - the tatty teddy is just perfect! And your 200th memory bear is gorgeous - the sweater base looks soft and cuddly. It's fab to see the orders rolling in too - they bring so much joy to the recipients. Have a wonderful beary week. Hugs, Ellie x #23

Sarah Brennan said...

What a great anniversary bear. 200 is quite an achievement Annie. Love the book cover too. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Caro said...

That folder is fabulous and I love the bear. Thanks for sharing. Have a lovely week, with love and God Bless, Caro x (#30)

Jan said...

Your desk looks great. Happy WOYWW xx Jan (21)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

There seems to be bugs going around all over and it would seem Memory bears too thanks to you. Loving the bear quilt, very sweet. Have a lovely creative week and a very happy WOYWW, Angela x15x

glitterandglue said...

Hi Annie. Lovely book cover - and great little bear to mark the 200! Hope all the next dozen come out beautifully for folks.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

Neet said...

What a joy spreader you are with your Memory Bears. Did you ever think when you first started making them that you would reach the big 200? Well done!
The folder you have made though - it just went on and on like magic. One minute it was patchwork, then a lovely grey bear appeared with the sweetest of noses and then suddenly he took on an identity. He is beautiful - I think you could make something to sell with those bears on.
Sorry you still have periods where your back bothers you, mine is really getting me down and I am not the kind of person who suffers with depression normally.
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

Julia Dunnit said...

TWO HUNDRED!! TWO HUNDRED! Well done Annie, wow, that’s a lotta bears and a lotta love and a lotta bears! lucky you’re not sick of them! I love the file cover, what a super idea . Hope you manage to keep steered clear, your poor family, getting ill and going without you!