Friday 25 January 2019

This week's smiles....week 305

Another week has flown by and I guess that means it's been a busy one for me....how about you?  My workload has increased and my energy levels and enthusiasm for doing it has also increased so that's good too.

Here's what's been making me smile this week....




We've had our first covering of the white stuff and I'm smiling cos I didn't have to go out in it and could look at it from my cosy sewing room.....very pretty but brrrrr.  Thankfully it went as quickly as it came.



We're having our drive tarmacked this week....they have cleared out the edges and taken all the old loose tarmac off the rest and hopefully [weather permitting] they will be tarmacking it today......it's looked pretty shabby since we moved in but we needed to get all the building work done with the skips and lorries before laying a new drive.




I've been very busy bear making this week....the top 4 are the ones I was making on Wednesday and I made the other two yesterday.  The good thing is that I have many more ordered too....that's made me smile.

I love being kept busy with sewing for my customers but I now also have a couple of jobs lined up ready for me to do if I get free time and that's made me smile too.

So, I've shown you mine now show me what's been making you smile this week....it does us all good to focus on the happy times each week.
Hugs,
Annie x

7 comments:

Lynn Holland said...

We’ve had plenty of the white stuff here as well Annie. Hubby Philip and neighbour Jack (fondly known as the chuckle brothers) are brilliant at clearing and gritting the lane for everyone. They are both 69 and can outwork any of the young ones.
You’ll be very posh with your new driveway. I wonder what young Milly will make of it xx

Lisca said...

Ooo snow! We haven't had any yet (apart from in the mountains which is pretty to look at out of the window). We are on 1200 m (3600 ft) but still no snow.
Great that you are having your drive done. It makes the whole property look so much neater.
More bears. That is lovely. They make so many people happy. I saw your wednesday blog and recognise the stripy fabric you had on the pile there.
I hope your sciatica is much better now. You don't mention it.
Have a lovely week. (without much snow as it makes such a mess),
Hugs,
Lisca

Twiglet said...

You will soon be all spic and span! xx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, we have had a mere sprinkling of snow, more frost, and now even more rain with a very watery sun ... typical Scottish weather! Your driveway is going to look fabulously pristine once done. I love the smell of fresh tarmac. Good to see you've been 'beary' busy :) As usual they are all gorgeous. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Ellie xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, sorry I'm so late today had to go and sort something for the parents and only just got back then visited arrived as I was about to write your comment. Busy as usual I see! We've had some snow and then it went colder and the paths were awful but it's warmed up a bit now. Have a lovely weekend, hugs Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

Lots of lovely little bears and friends again. You are amazing. I would go crazy making the same thing over and over, even if the fabric is different. But I know you get a lot of joy making them and that is what's important.
I am very glad I don't have to deal with the 'white stuff' here, though it is really pretty. I only ever went out in it if I had to, so I am glad you have a warm room to view it from.
I hope the weather holds while your drive is being done, and you are pleased with it. It does make a big difference to the look of the house.
Stay warm and safe. Kate xx

Catriona said...

Late to the party as bleeping Google locked me out again!! Your post brightened my day and made me smile.