Friday 18 January 2019

This week's smiles.....week 304

It's Friday and that means one thing for me....it's time to look back at my week to see what's made me smile.  
  • Mr Mojo has returned from his holiday and that's given me lots to smile about....I've been feeling creative.
  • I've made my first three Memory bears of the new year and that's really made me smile.
  • Spring is fast approaching [ I know cos I've seen the signs] and that always make me smile.
So I've got a few snaps to share my smiles...



I've been delving into my fabrics and deciding which I'm going to use to make a new bag for me to use. I plan to make one like the one I made in a workshop a few years back....here's the link to the last one.



Here's my first three Memory bears of 2019...the one was for the young lady who won my Christmas bear but her two sisters asked to have matching bears made for them too....in memory of their much loved mum who died far too soon.

I love my job. :-)



My little Milly makes me smile every day....she's the very best of company, she loves me unconditionally and where ever I go she goes....here she is curled up on her bed in my sewing room fast asleep....until I leave the room.




Here's a few snaps of the promise of Spring.....my first snowdrops.

Now, if none of those has got you smiling then, it's over to you to find your smiles and share them with us by linking them below.
Hugs,
Annie x

7 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fabulous week you've had. You were smart to give a memory bear away, because it generated more business. They are adorable, as usual.

Milly looks quite content and the fact that she's definitely YOUR dog makes it even better. It's amazing what bonding with your pet will do.

I want to see a snowdrop that isn't in photos, but I am not sure they will grow here. I think the winters are too cold.

Hope you have a wonderful Friday and a lovely weekend, Annie. I can't wait to see your new bag.

Lisca said...

I looked at the past post to see the bag you made at the workshop and it's amazing! I love those rings you used. I'm going to see if I can get those on the internet as I have some fabric for a bag. Do I need much new equipment apart from a sewing machine? I'd love to have a go!
Your memory bears are precious as always. I recognise that tropical fabric. My mum has a bathrobe in that material.
Little Milly looks so content there sleeping in her corner. Do you still keep the cage there too?
I love the sight of snowdrops. I haven't seen them here. Not the right climate I suppose.
I hope you have a very good weekend now that your mojo has come back and your sciatica seems to be better (at least you don't mention it anymore)
Hugs,
Lisca

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie. loving the new bears and the bag too great way to do the handles. Little Milly is as cute as ever. I think once you've had a dog the house just feels empty without one though I realise they can make a little extra work. Maisie and Stan are on holiday at the moment and luckily for us they enjoy being there though they do have each other too. Interestingly some of our snowdrops were out just before Christmas, think it was the mild weather that made them pop their heads up. Hope you have a great Friday and a lovely week to come. Sending hugs, Angela xXx

Twiglet said...

Love the fabric Annie - that will be perfect for a Jacquie bag! xx Jo

Julia Dunnit said...

Ahh snowdrops already! We've had it mild so far, lets hope it continues! Here's a laugh, I thought the rings for your new bag were goggles! Seriously need to read before I look!

mamapez5 said...

Dear little Millie. There is something to be said for having a dog small enough to follow you around the house. We gave up on beds for our two as they never used them, and they now have an old duvet, folded up and covered. The cats have a bed though which they take it in turns to use. The others are out in the sun, or on one or other of the chairs in the sitting room.
How sad that three little ones lost their mum so young. I hope they write names on their bears or I can see trouble breaking out there. But your memory bears are such a lovely idea for situations like that.
It is so good to see delicate snowdrops appearing. We don't have them, but at least the almond trees are in blossom to tell us Spring is on the way. Kate xx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, your post certainly did make me smile. I checked out the bag link - it's gorgeous! Love the colours of the original and think the fabric you've chosen is lovely too. Those bears are going to be much loved by the sisters. Milly looks completely relaxed and at home and that's because you are nearby - there's nothing like being together with your dog to keep you company. I've been spotting signs of spring too though I didn't spot as many snowdrops as you have in your garden. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Ellie xx