Wednesday 19 September 2018

WOYWW....

Here we are at our Wednesday catch up with creative desks around the world.  For me this week it's been bears, bears and more bears.....







Made from tiny babygros and a label  with the baby girls birth details on it.





Another bear was then ordered for another family member once the first bear was collected....it's always nice to get repeat orders.





This one was made from a lady's coat as a surprise for an elderly Aunt.





A pair of twin bears for a local school...one of which is to be given as a leaving gift for the school vicar.





The only other pic I have to show you is this one.  I have had an order for a special quilt in yellow, pale blue and light green and of course I didn't have enough fabrics so Jo and I went shopping in Shrewsbury on Saturday while the men were at the footy....while the cats away.....




 We have a new Abakhan shop now in Shrewsbury so we started there but then ended up going to our other fabric shop, Watson and Thornton's,  because of course we needed more choice.

That's all from me for this week.  My sciatica is still lingering but it's not stopping me sew as you can see.  Please leave me a little hello message so I know you've called in and I will do my best to pay you a return visit when I can.
Hugs,
Annie x

15 comments:

Helen said...

Hello!! the bears are all gorgeous as ever... as for that fabric.. well I don't sew, as you know. but oh, so pretty!! Have a productive week, hope the sciatica eases soon Helen #3

Twiglet said...

What a happy post! Love the bears! xx Jo

glitterandglue said...

Morning Annie. Of COURSE you needed more choice! What else can a girl do when hubby is at the footie??!! Gorgeous fabric found - lots of bears - and a great deal of fun this week, I reckon!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #6

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Morning Annie, good to hear the sciatica is not stopping that memory Bear run.The Pink one made using the coat is my Favourite today, so cute with those BIG buttons.
Take Care & Thanks for sharing WOYWW Tracey #7

Neet said...

Oh Annie, didn't realise you had sciatica - how dreadful. Sending gentle hugs and lots of love.
What a lot of bears you have made this week - love them all. Just think - those baby girls will probably take them away to Uni in years to come, the vicar is off somewhere else - who knows where Annie's bears will end up.
Take care my friend.
Hugs, Neet 2 xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well, it would have been wrong to have just visited one shop eh?! Lovely selection of fabrics there, it'll make a wonderful quilt. You have been busy with all those bears, they're fantastic each and every one :-D
Hugs LLJ 13 xxx

Caro said...

I do love your bears... I really must get Alex's old uniform organised! Gorgeous fabrics. Thanks for sharing. Have a nice week. Caro x (#16)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

If you are already out and about, it's only right to visit the competition and compare prices and designs, too. Oh those bears. The blue and white ones are my favorite, but I liked the first one, too. Thanks for dropping by earlier and happy WOYWW from # 1 thanks to Helen.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Sweetest ever bears. And so fun to shop with no men around. Of course you had to get more fabric, how else can you play with WOYWW. Great assortment of patterns and colors. Enjoy a great week

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, gorgeous bears. I should think you can make these with your eyes shut by now. Thanks for the visit to mine, enjoy your crafty week and happy woyww, Angela x17x

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Annie, hope that sciatica calms down soon. Great alternative activity to footie lol. Love the bears. Happy WOYWW Sarah #4

Heather M said...

Hi Annie, lots more lovely bears! I do like that I can "see" people's faces in my mind now as I'm writing on their blogs! Glad you and Jo enjoyed your shopping trip. Hope the sciatica does not linger too long. Have a lovely week Heather x #9

Marit said...

Oh, I like the pink bear with the big buttons! And I love the quilt patches, the greens look lovely! I am currently looking for curtains/fabric and I decided to go for green... haven't found the right color/fabric yet though... Thanks for your visit to my blog earlier, have a great week. Love from Holland, Marit #23

Julia Dunnit said...

Aww Annie, so sorry about the sciatica, it really is a vile problem, there's nowhere to put yourself with it. I expect some gentle fabric shopping has helped and oh the view of them is lovely, makes me almost ALMOST want to pick up a needle and thread!! Well done with the bears, you really are a rolling stone!

Lindart said...

You really have an art to those lovely bears! It must be nice to know that something you made will be treasured for years to come! Glad you are feeling better. Have a great week, Lindart #25