Friday 28 September 2018

This week's smiles...week 291

Oh what a week it's been!  I still have a little tenderness of the nose from catching a ladder on it on Monday and my sciatica is still lingering but I've not stopped smiling all week because last Friday we collected.....


....our new motor home. When our family was little we had several caravans over the years and even had a trailer tent at one point so we are really excited to be setting up our new motor home ready to enjoy the freedom on the roads as we near retirement.....so watch out, we may come knocking on your door :-)

Wednesday I had someone very special knocking on my door.....


....yes it's our very own Lisca who was visiting family with her lovely hubby over here in England. She told me that she had only ever met one Blogger before [Kate out in Spain] so I felt very honoured that she felt they could call in for coffee and cake....and what a lovely couple they are.

A Dutch lady who lives in a cave house in Spain, that I've 'known' for years, should call in on little old me!  Who would have thought it?  This blogging lark really does have a lot to be thankful for.





The other thing that has really made me smile this week is this.  It's the hedge down the one side of the road leading to our little bungalow.  It's maintained by the council but it was well overdue for it's hairdo so I'm thrilled to bits that they came Wednesday afternoon to cut it.....doesn't it look lovely?.....or is it just me?  :-) :-)






That's all the smiles I'm sharing for this week.  Please leave me a little message so I know you've called by and if you can then please link up to your own smiles below.
Hugs,
Annie x

7 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh how AWESOME you got to meet Lisca. That's such a great thrill, I bet. And that new motor home! Wow. It's a beauty. Before long the three of you will be crossing the continent. Just be sure to bring plenty of baggies to collect Milly's doings!

Wish you felt better. I hope your nose heals soon, but your sciatica is what worries me. That's so painful. And that's why it's so sweet that you will link me:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth
https://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2018/09/friday-smiles-291-trip-to-art-museum.html

I hope no one is tired of visiting the art museum. Have a great Friday and wonderful weekend, dear Annie. BTW, that hedge looks like it went a bit too long between cuttings and is now showing signs of age. But it does look a lot better.

Catriona said...

Welcome to the world of motorhoming! I’m really excited for you and you can come and visit us anytime. We’re going off to the coast today just because we finally have a free day. Wishing you many happy adventures on your new wheels. X

Twiglet said...

Lovely smiley post Annie and yes, I did notice the hedge too. xx Jo

Lisca said...

Thank you lovely Annie for making us so welcome. It was so lovely finally meeting you.
Your coffee and walnut cake was ‘to die for’. Which recipe is it? Mary berry tray Bake?
I’m super excited about your camper van. I had the privilege of a peep inside and it is perfect. Happy motorhoming!
I can’t blog as I’m traveling but I did have many smiles this week. One of them was you Annie. As soon as we met you commented that I didn’t sound Dutch at all. That is of course a great compliment about my English and it made me grin from ear to ear!
Have a great weekend and don’t work too hard.
Xxxxx Lisca

Neet said...

What a lovely week (apart from catching a ladder) and how marvellous that you should meet up with Lisca. I saw on FB that she was in Congleton at one time.
Just love your motor home - am green - emerald green in fact, with envy. Only joking but it looks beautiful. We have a big driveway!
Hugs Meet xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, I'm sorry I'm so late. I did schedule the post which was just as well as we've been at the hospital all day. My mum fell down in the yard late last night so we were there until gone 2am and then back today. She had broken her hip and went in for the operation this afternoon. But less of that. Pleased to see you have had lots to make you smile despite the discomfort you've been having and hope the weekend is good too. Sending hugs, Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

I love to see a neatly cut hedge, so Yes, it does look grand.
How lovely to have Lisca come to visit you. we found them to be a charming couple when we met up over here. She lives quite a distance in land from us, so our paths don't cross very often, but we did meet through our blogs, so they do give us so much to be thankful for.
Your new motor home is beautiful. Chris would be very jealous if I showed him that. I am a poor traveller, though I do better on land than on the sea, and better still since I have been driving, but it is not my first choice for a holiday, though staying in it would be fun. Anyway, I hope you have lots of relaxing trips in it. Kate x