Friday 15 September 2017

This week's smiles....week 238

Hello all.  It was so lovely to see so many of you calling in and leaving me such lovely comments last week.  Not all of you linked to your own smiles but it makes it all worth while just to know you've called by.  Many thanks to those who also shared their own smiles...I really love seeing what is making you happy each week.

I've had another busy week filled with smiles so here's my catch up for you....


Saturday afternoon my darling hubby went to watch our local footy team....[Shrewsbury Town and they are top of the league still so he had lots to smile about too].  I had these three little visitors come with their mummy and that much older sister of mine came too as her hubby also goes to the footy.  We all had a good catch up and here you can see the children playing cards together....they are such lovely little people and play so well together.
The girls arrived with a home made thank you card they had made together and this gorgeous bunch of flowers for me for spending time with them and making the Barbie doll clothes for them.
The flowers have made me smile every time I look at them so I just had to share them with you all.


Tuesday afternoon I had little Theo come to play for the afternoon while his mummy was at a staff meeting at the school she teaches at.  While he was here we also had a visit from the twins on their way home from school...I missed to snap a pic of them all but it's always lovely to watch the little ones all playing together.



Our little Lulu is starting guitar lessons at school.  As you can see she isn't much bigger than the guitar but what makes me smile most is that it's the guitar my mum and dad bought for me and they would both be so thrilled to see her playing with it.

I'm so easily pleased when it comes to materials as you know.


Tuesday morning Jo and I popped to our local material shop and I stocked up on the iron on interfacings I use to stabilise my Memory bears with....nothing pretty about it but it means I can enjoy making more special memories for my customers and I will enjoy that.




I was contacted by a friend this week to see if I could make some doggy bandannas so, even though my fabric boxes are full of course I didn't have anything suitable.  I sent a message to Cabin Crafts on Facebook and straight away Denise sent me pics of the fabrics she had, I paid for them via Paypal and she posted them to me the next morning.....what a brilliant service.  She comes highly recommended.....Aren't they just perfect too?


And if you're still not smiling then here's a selfie from Milly.  If I'm engrossed in my sewing and she needs my attention then she jumps up onto my knee between me and my desk as you can see here so I snapped her pic for you.  She's such a gorgeous little thing....that is when she hasn't been digging in the one bit of wet muddy garden we've got like she did yesterday!!!! ....She needed a bath......enough said 😁😁😁



That's my round up of smiles for this week.  Please leave me a little message so I know you've called in and if you can then link up to your own smiles below.  Have a happy and fun filled week.
Hugs,
Annie x

7 comments:

tilly said...

what a happy week you have had again, hope Lulu enjoys the guitar lessons
Tilly

Lisca said...

You've had a great week by the sounds of it. Lulu and her guitar looks fab. My father was an accomplihed guitarist and so is my hubby so the guitar, imho is a very good place to start, big though it is. Well done Lulu.
Hugs,
Lisca

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, I'm back again. Sounds like another busy week. Lulu will not only learn the guitar but will build up her muscle strength too carrying that big thing! Gorgeous Selfie photo of Milly. Our dogs are so clever to be able to take their own photographs Lol! Have a great weekend, Angela xXx

Twiglet said...

Lovely happy photos - those little ones are growing up so quickly. x

mamapez5 said...

Lots of happy pictures with the now not-so-little ones. They are all growing up so fast.
I love all the doggy fabrics and I always respect good service with online buying. It can be so very different from your experience.
Well done on getting a Milly selfie. The minute my dogs see a camera of any kind, they turn away. I need to be really quick to get a picture of them looking at me.
keep smiling. Kate x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, I'm late again. Sigh. I enjoyed seeing your happy photos - definitely made me smile today. Those doggie fabrics are fabulous - must check out Cabin Crafts next time I'm looking for new fabric. That'll be after I've used up a bit more stash in making Christmas presents. Millie knows how to get your attention - but she's too gorgeous to ignore anyway. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Ellie xx

Lynn Holland said...

Hello Milly you are so photogenic. I've been in a fabulous fabric shop today in Ulverston in the Lake District, it was so nice to see a proper shop with such a lovely selection.
Lynn xx