Wednesday 10 May 2017

WOYWW...

Here we are at another Wednesday catch up with desks from around the world....if you want to know more then pop over to Julia's blog at The Stamping Ground for details and why not join in the fun?

So? What is on my desk today?


What do you think of all this?  It's come out of a bag full of fabrics I was given by the very talented lady magician, Careen Fenton, that I've been sewing for this week.  I have sewn for her before when she was Miss Picklelily entertaining children but she will be focusing more on her adult magic show now and is moving houses to live in London.  She thought I might make use of it all....all suggestions gratefully received.....it's all bright sequined material so watch this space as they say.



This is the back of the stunning dress and bustle I've been working on for Careena....it's part of the outfit she will be wearing for her stage shows and she looks amazing in it.....and her magic is second to none. 

My life here is never boring is it?


The other thing I wanted to share with you is this collage of pics I took on Saturday at Amy's.  The menfolk were busy with gardening activities [Steve included] so I took over my pom pom makers, wool etc and us girls had a fun crafty session, as you can see.  When I left the windowsill was filled with wonderful creations [If you want a closer look you should be able to click on the pic to enlarge it].  I have no doubt this is something we will be doing again cos we all enjoyed playing.

I hope you have enjoyed my quick catch up today and you will leave me a little comment to say you've called in.  I will be a little late in paying you a return visit this week because I have a little visitor arriving early morning til after lunch while his mummy has to work.....here he is and as you can imagine we will be having a fun morning.....


16 comments:

Helen said...

love all those pom pom critters!! Have a great week; no doubt it will be packed full as usual. Helen #2

Neet said...

Good morning Gran and Theo! Bet you are having a super duper time together - and Milly too.
Lovely photos of the girls and I do like the pom pom makes, especially Shaun the Sheep and the Minions - two of my favourite characters.
Fab fabric from the magician - if only magic was not a trick - just think how she could pay you for your work.
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

Twiglet said...

Fab photos and that one of little Theo just melts your heart. Enjoy your day! xx

craftyani said...

Love your pompoms remember making for my children then with cardboard. Ever thought about making a rug as seen in Pinterest? Enjoy your day with Theo they grow so quickly. Anickoana

Lynn Holland said...

Gosh doesn't little Theo love the camera and how he's grown. The Pom Pom making session looks fantastic. How wonderful to have you as Nana. They will always remember these times Annie
Lynn xx 14

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I just can't get over how much like his daddy (and Doddy) Theo looks! Lovely littl chap, hope you have fun this morning 💖 Those sparkly fabrics are fun, I think you need to make an outfit for yourself to go to Tesco in 😉
Hugs, LLJ 9 xxx

Anne said...

Hee hee, just read Jan's comment - something sparkly for the shopping - that would cheer a few folk up! Your little visitor is gorgeous. have fun. Anne x #17

Bubbles said...

I love the pom-pom creations! Shaun The Sheep looks very... sheep=ish lol
I can't do that sort of thing here for one reason and one reason only... googly eyes. When my son gets hold of them, he sticks them everywhere - we even got a bit of a telling off in a mall when he and his sister stuck googly eyes to posters advertising a photography competition. That was last year and he was 29 years old. lol
Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Bubbles (PatchworkApples) #13
http://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/woyww-414.html

Sarah Brennan said...

Enjoy playing with the little man. Perhaps those sequinned fabrics could be used in small areas of embellishment on a garment. Can they be appliquéd? Sarah #25

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, oh those fabrics are gorgeous! Great selection of pom poms made, I can remember doing loads when I was a kid, always so much fun. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #8 XxXx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, lovely cheerful post this morning. I'm wondering what you will make with those yummy fabrics. They look like just the right stuff to make dress-up clothes for the children. For example the orange and purple would be perfect for Halloween. I remember Miss Picklelily and your work for her before. The new dress is rather gorgeous - love the fabric in the skirt. Spotted Milly's dog toy photobombing your pic too. The pompom creatures are fabulous and the girls look absorbed as they were making them. Enjoy your morning with the little one. Hugs, Ellie x #11

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh Annie and how cute is Theo smiling so beautifully for his nana right on cue!!! Love the pom-poms creations they're soooo cute!!!
Happy WOYWW!! And happy smiles too..l love your smilers 😁
Shaz in Oz.x 20

Julia Dunnit said...

Aw bless him - and all those cushions, such a grandparent thing to do! That spangly material suggests dance competition outfits to me...I bet one set of leaflets at one strategic competition and you'd be number one sequin woman of the year!

Plush Possum Studio said...

Did someone say "bustle"? :) Love it! The grandchildren have stolen the show, as it were. A fun read!
Rose of Rose's Art Garden

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, you thought you were late well I definitely must be just had stuff on today. Looks like you've been busy today. Have a great woyww, what's left of it and happy crafting, Angela x16x

Lindart said...

That dress is gorgeous! And all that fabric is just fun waiting to happen! I'm trying to make myself a Viking Shield maiden outfit for a workshop I am planning to give - I bout the sword and shield yesterday, and today I will go to the local thrift shop to see what I can find there. Costume making is so much fun! Sorry I'm so late this week! Lindart#37