Friday 26 September 2014

This week's smiles... week 86

Happy Friday to you all and thanks to those who took time out of their busy lives to join in the fun last week.

I am featuring Robyn's post from over the other side of the world at Waterlily Cards.  Robyn took pity on a little gerbera on a discounted trolley and it's now repaying her with a beautiful bloom....how lovely to be that caring eh?  Thanks for making me smile Robyn.

My smiles concern my family again this week.  I have a couple of tales to share with you and a few pics.  As the saying goes....'out of the mouths of babes'.....

  1. As most of you will remember my little granddaughter Lulu [Louise] has just started school.  She's not 5 til next April but has already shown them her character in that she has been chosen to be the school council representative for the reception year children.  She went to her first school council meeting last week and when her mummy asked if things had gone ok she said it had.  Her Mummy asked what had been said at the meeting [showing interest as any good mummy would ] and the reply came back....'I'm not allowed to tell you.  It is confidential you know!'.....yes she really is only 4!!  She never fails to amaze us and always makes us chuckle :-)
  2. I look after the twins a couple of days every week and we have such wonderful conversations now.  Monday morning Lexi was chatting while eating her breakfast and the conversation went like this....
Lexi...I saw a caterpillar on the floor by the door Nanny.
Me...Oh did you darling and what colour was it?
Lexi...It was green and um.....black
Me...and was it going creep creep like this....my finger pretending to be a caterpillar crawling on the breakfast table.
Lexi...Oh no Nanny....it was dead!!
She does make me giggle at times!!

And a few of snaps that made me smile this week...




We celebrated the twins third birthday this week and here they are putting a lot of effort into blowing the candles out on their birthday cake ...I hope all their wishes come true :-)



Here they are chilling out the day after their birthday with their new children's ipads....they are so IT wise at such a young age these days and really love to show you what they can do with them. :-)



When I went to look after them on Tuesday this week I took with me their Uncle Mark's K'Nex construction set.  Mark used to really love creating with it when he was young and it has been stored safely for use by the next generation since :-)
I spent a little while showing them how the pieces clicked together and then let their imaginations do the rest....Oh what a fab hour was spent playing with it.



Just look at the concentration!
I asked what she was making and she told me this was her flower garden....of course!

Happy happy times....I do get tired but I wouldn't miss this precious time for all the world.







So folks there are a few things that have made me smile this week....how about you?
Please leave me a little hello comment to say you've called by and if you have a smile or two of your own why not share them by linking them below and make the world a happier place to be.

Hugs,
Annie x

11 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah lots of smiles there Annie .. and well you littlies do make me chuckle .. as you say out of the mouths of babes ...fancy the twinnigans being two!! time does fly doesn't it?? happy Smiles day! Shaz in Oz.x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oops old timers disease there, Annie .. meant they are THREE!!! of course wish would double check better before hitting publish :D Shaz.xxx

Twiglet said...

Such lovely pics and so bright and talented!! x

mamapez5 said...

Oh happy days! Having run a nursery for several years, I know all about the gems that come from little mouths! Some parents would have a pink fit if they knew what their children tell us!
K'nex was my sons' absolute favourite thing. We had a huge roller-coaster and and a machine that raised ball-bearings up a tower and sent them all the way back down a helter-skelter track. They built them over and over, and they filled their bedrooms. But they also built endless imaginative 'things' with it, and they went on enjoying it for years. I hope the twinnies do the same. Kate x

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Annie, happy Friday Smiles to you and a hug too...your grandkids are just gorgeous, they truly do amaze you and you are so lucky to be able to be part of their lives...wish I lived closer to Sophie but hopefully if our plans work out we'll be nearby in 12 months. I've also kept our kids toys and books I think it'll be fun to resurrect them. Cheers and enjoy your weekend, hugs Robyn

KC'sCourt! said...

Children are funny aren't they?
Lovely pictures
Julie xxxxxx

Elizabeth said...

Lots to smile about, Annie. You make me wish I had recorded all the funny things my grandchildren have said too. All so easily forgotten now that they are grown up and much more self-conscious. As usual, your photos as lovely. Have a wonderful weekend. Elizabeth xx

tilly said...

lots of lovely pictures again, pleased peeps are getting to know where you live lol.
Tilly

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Annie,

I cannot believe the twins are three already! That's amazing. Very cute stories here.

Thanks for sharing,
Hugs,
Kay

fairyrocks said...

Awe, they are adorable, and they grow so fast. Which is good, but sometimes it would be nice to freeze the moments. Keep smiling and creating. Thanks for sharing.

peggy aplSEEDS said...

Hi, Annie, I enjoyed my visit to your blog today and I went through your past posts as well. My favorite story is the "It's confidential" one. I look forward to getting tired because of looking after grandchildren but I guess I have to wait a few more years.
Have a blessed day!