Wednesday 11 September 2024

WOYWW....

 It never fails to amaze me how different my weeks are....from one week when I work non stop to a week, like last week, when I didn't have one customer all week.  If only I knew in advance I could spread my sewing jobs out but I have to keep on top of what comes through my door just in case the next day/week is as busy.

I've had a steady flow of customers this week and I have met some really lovely people.  My customer from South Wales came up to collect her 4 bears and she loved them so much she asked me to make her another one.  The 4 bears were for her 4 children in memory of their older brother who was only 39 when he died of cancer. 


 



This extra bear is for the mum and I really hope it gives her a lot of comfort and he's now on his way to his new home in South Wales.


The next Memory Bear I made is this gorgeous little bear made from tiny babygros...in fact the one was so tiny I had to make a seam to join the head on the body to get the 8"x15" panel out of it.

This was made for a really lovely lady who, when she saw it, hugged me and burst into tears....I really love my job.

I've also taken the collar off a top, overlocked the edge and top stitched in into place....even I was impressed with the finished result [and so was my customer].

My next job was to shorten two long dresses for another new customer....no two days are the same.

Who knows what will come through my door next?

Hugs,

Annie x

14 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Beautiful bears Annie and I know what a comfort they are - it's the anniversary of Dad's funeral today and my memory cat is with me in the shed. Stay safe and happy WOWYW. Sarah

Helen said...

I am glad your week this week has been a bit more well-paced! love the bears you've shared. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Twiglet said...

Those bears are really lovely. It's good to be busy 🤣 x x Jo 🌈

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The collar sounded tricky, well done on a fab result 🥰🥰 Lovely little bears too, they’re all so different but with the same love xx
Hugs LLJ 8 xx

Neet said...

It's not so much what comes through your door Annie as what leaves through your door if you think about it. Lots of lovely thoughts wrapped up in your sewing, particularly of the Memory Bears.
``hugs, Neet 1 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I'm not surprised they love the bears so much, they are all so special. Wishing you a happy woyww, hugs Angela x12x

My name is Cindy said...

Love the bears! It must be hard not knowing what's coming through the door when - but you always manage to make it work!! Have a lovely week, love n hugs Cindyxx #7

Lisca said...

Hi Annie, I bet you didn't expect to see me at WOYWW.
Your memory bears are truly gorgeous as I know from personal experience. (My bear sits on my pillow.)
Happy WOYWW,
Lisca

Lisa-Jane said...

It must be so lovely to know that you've made such an impact on people. I love how different they all look and I bet you remember every single one! Best wishes, Lisa-Jane #13 (www.prettymypage.co.uk)

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Your bears are so beautiful Annie and they give comfort to so many who have them. Happy WOYWW, have a great rest of the week. Michelle x #18

Susan Renshaw said...

Beautiful bears Annie! That first one looks so interesting with teh different fabrics.
Happy WOYWW! Susan #3

Crafting With Jack said...

Such love in each bear that you make, they just can’t help but comfort the recipient. Happy WOYWW. Angela #15

Elizabeth said...

Hello Annie, lovely post. The bears are beautiful and are without doubt a source of real comfort to the recipients. I daren't ask why one is made from a babygro. I have a feeling I might cry. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Ellie xx #9

BJ said...

Super bears, lovely memories. Hugs BJ#6