Friday 10 August 2018

This week's smiles.....week 284

I was missing in action last week but had posted automatically so folks could link up and share their smiles......I will do my best to check out last week's and this weeks smiles today so I don't miss out on all the fun.  I must admit that I was having a well earned few days away visiting some very special friends in Holland.  We have known them since 2000 and hadn't seen them for over 2 years but, as always, it was as if we had never been apart.  We only had a long weekend together but it was really lovely to see the gorgeous new house they had moved to.  They sing and play guitars etc in a group and on the Saturday night they invited everyone around for a BBQ and then we had our own private entertainment.....it was really lovely to meet the rest of the group, make new friends and they even sang Annie's song just for me.

So here's my photos for this week....





Lunch with our friends.....good food, sunshine, special friends....what more could you want?




They made me do it!!  Honest.  I guess the strawberries are healthy?





The sunset while we were enjoying sitting on a boat chatting and eating ice cream.....the end of a really wonderful day.






Reach for the stars my little man.  :-) :-) :-)

This photo really makes me smile.

I hope you have enjoyed my smiles today and will now link up to yours below.  Thanks for joining in the fun each week.
Hugs,
Annie x

7 comments:

Helen said...

great photos, gorgeous sunset, love your little man!! hope he reaches his dreams.

Twiglet said...

Oh what a cutie! Fab photos - happy days! xx Jo

Lisca said...

I saw on FB that you were visiting my country. Great photos! And you had lush weather too.
Love your sunset and your little man reaching for the stars. (Would make a great scrapbook page)
Have a lovely weekend,
Lisca

Lunch Lady Jan said...

How lovely! So glad you had such a great time...there are absolutely no calories in holiday treats, just so you know 😉
Hugs LLJ xx

mamapez5 said...

I love Annie's song. How lovely to have it sung just for you. I am glad you had a good time catching up with your friends. That sunset is beautiful.
Theo is such a cuddly little man, and always has a big smile on his face. I am glad I managed to get here this week. We will have to wait and see how next week goes. Kate x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, late again but I'm here now. It has absolutely poured it down here today though the sun has come out now but we really need some rain. So pleased you had a good time away and little Theo is enough to make anyone smile. Have a great weekend too. Angela xXx

Catriona said...

My father used to sing “Annie’s song to my mother as her name was Annie but was called Anna. Glad you had a break and some treats. I think Theo is copying his twin cousins. Gorgeous photos.