Wednesday 18 July 2018

WOYWW....

I know it's not what's on my desk but I'm starting off with this photo today...

From left to right at back...me, Shaz, Doug and 
on the front [my much older sister] Jo and her daughter Maxine.

Not on my desk, no but if we didn't link up each Wednesday this group of friends would never have met. [So, many thanks Julia for hosting the group each week].  I feel like I've know Doug and Shaz for years but this was our first meet in real life.  They came to support Maxine at her craft fair in Shrewsbury on Saturday so it was by far too good an opportunity to miss so my hubby and I arranged to meet them there [my hubby is taking the photo but I'm guessing he will be in a similar photo on Shaz's post that Doug took].  I must say that both Shaz and Doug were just as lovely as I imagined they would be and we are now looking forward to meeting them again at the crop in September.



This is the little Memory bear I've made this week and he has now arrived in Wales.... so that's another country conquered.

He was made for a Grandma to give to her Grandson and at a later date she is wanting me to make 5 more bears out of her wedding dress to give to her 5 Granddaughters......happy days.


The demand for sewing has eased a little so far this week so....

On my desk today is a production line of bag making to give to Margaret for her charity.

There's a pile of orange straps completed on the right of the pic waiting for the pile of bags on the left of the pic to be made for them to be stitched on before lining.



On my cutting table is a pile of bags waiting to be lined and a pile of linings cut out ready to me made up and fitted into the bags.

 There's even a pile of 7 bags completed and waiting to be pressed before packing them up in a box with others I've made....I plan to take them all with me to the crop in September so by then there may be a few more to take with me.

That's all from me for today so just leave me a little comment so I know you've called by and I will do my best to pay you a return visit as soon as I can.
Hugs,
Annie x

15 comments:

Helen said...

Julia really has created something special with WOYWW . Had I been you I would have taken the week a bit slower.. but no, more bags! Wish I was so productive. Have a great week. Helen #1

Catriona said...

Sewing machine is now in the hospital for poorly sewing machines-silly meed dropped a new needle right down the feed dogs! I’m eyeing up all thos ebags, Annie, and thinking that would be a year’s output for me. Have a baby quilt to bind befor next Tuesday so fingers crossed my machine is back soon. Hope Maxine did well at her Craft Fair.

Twiglet said...

Great crafty activity and lovely photo of our WOYWW buddies. xx Your much older sister!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Lovely pic of lovely folks!! Shaz and Doug are just the nicest people arent' they? Your bag production line is doing well, I'm hoping to get back in the JanCave soon, getting withdrawal symptoms now!
Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Annie, I see that you can't sit still and have to have some sewing on the go. I'm sure Margaret will be amazed at the number of bags you bring to the crop. Glad you had such a great time at the craft show meeting up with everyone. Have a good week. Sarah #16

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

It really is so lovely seeing the WOYWWers meet up, what a fab little group.
Sweet little memory bear and the thought of making them from a wedding dress really fills my heart. Your forever giving with your creativity Annie.
Happy days & Thank you for sharing WOYWW Tracey #7

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, it was lovely meeting you all, we had a fab day. You were all as lovely as we expected too. The speed these weeks are flying, that crop will be here before we know it. Bears from a wedding dress, they sound amazing. So many bags there- Margaret will be stunned, I'm sure.
Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 XxXx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, how lovely for you to meet up with Shaz and Doug - they come across as a lovely couple on their blog so I'm not surprised you all got on so well. I'm so looking forward to meeting them at the crop too. Making those 5 bears out of wedding dress sounds like a lovely project - I look forward to seeing them when done. As usual, you don't waste a minute even when business is easier - Margaret is going to love receiving so many bags. Have a wonderful week ahead. Hugs, Ellie x #23

Hazel said...

How lovely to be able to meet up with Shaz and Doug. And lots of lovely crafting shown ... I always love seeing your bears. Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a good day - Hazel, WOYWW #18 x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

That is a lovely photos and bet you had a great time. Just as well you didn't come to Doncaster as there was so much lovely fabric and cheap too. The Bombay store had loads at £2.50 a metre which I thought was really good. There was a stall there too that sold all kinds of denim fabric, gorgeous. Have a great creative week and happy woyww, Angela x12x

Caro said...

What a gorgeous photo! I love your memory bear and the bags are fab! Thanks for sharing. Caro x (#31)

Neet said...

I think it is time for your bears to be issued with passports when they leave you, especially when travelling to another country like Wales. He is a beauty too.
Great sewing with the bags, bet you have almost supplied the whole country by now with your busy stitchy fingers.
Love the photo of you all, good to meet up isn't it.
Hugs, Neet 5 xx

Anne said...

Hello Annie. I was checking that I'd left comments on all blogs who had visited and mine to you is not there :-( Anyway it was lovely to see you had seen Shaz and Doug. Great photographs on both your blogs. Have a lovely week.
Anne x #3

Anne said...

Hello Annie. I was checking that I'd left comments on all blogs who had visited and mine to you is not there :-( Anyway it was lovely to see you had seen Shaz and Doug. Great photographs on both your blogs. Have a lovely week.
Anne x #3

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

I had to go back and catch up.. wow time gets so involved. Loving this photo you shared of You and friends. Adorable bags too All you Smiles post are so fun. Gosh the little ones are growing up fast. Sorry to be so late posting for so long.