Friday 20 July 2018

This week's smiles....week 281

What a week it's been here at Sewing by Annie's.  I've had lots to smile about so here's my share for this week.....




Sunday afternoon we went to watch Lexi take part in her Gymnastics competition and here she is proudly wearing the first and third medals she was given..... it's so special to share these milestones and achievements with them all.




Monday night Steve was awarded his first belt in his kickboxing.
It's so lovely to see how pleased he was.  They are all growing up so quickly and growing in Independence and confidence....it's very special to watch.



Whilst enjoying our afternoon of fun on Tuesday little Theo proudly showed me what he could make with the play dough and that he can count ten little worms on his table!!  He's not two until September!!

You all know just how much I love making my little Memory bears so will know just how much it made me smile when a lady walked through my door yesterday wanting me to make 9 Memory bears out of her much loved mum's clothing for 4 Granddaughters, 3 Grandsons and 2 daughters to remember her by.  This was her favourite purple dressing gown and all 9 have to have one panel made out of it but I plan to make all 9 bears look different using the other items of clothing she brought me.

I hope at least something I'm sharing makes you smile and you will now link up to your smiles below.  Have a wonderful weekend and keep smiling.
Hugs,
Annie x

7 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I remember the first time I saw photos of Steve and Lexi, they were about 2 and had taken a "selfie" that showed two curly heads. They have grown up while many of us watched. Such a proud grandmother you are!!

Hope you have a lovely Friday and weekend.

LOVED the photo of you, Shaz, Doug, and much older sister Jo and her daughter. Wonderful get together, indeed.

Lisca said...

You’ve got your work cut out with those bears. But they are all so special. I really think this is such a wonderful thing to do. (And it earns you money).
Yes, those children are really growing fast! Well done Lexi and Steve. Little Theo can now count! Before long I must stop calling him ‘little’.
Well, have a fab weekend, I know the weather is still holding.
Hugs,
Lisca

mamapez5 said...

Your post takes me back Annie. I still have a very scratchy video of Jonathan and Ben's first gymnastic competition, around 28 years ago. It is good to see these clubs still continuing and keeping our little ones fit and active. well done to Lexi, and to Stevie too.
It seems no time at all since you were waiting for Theo to be born, and look at him now. And bright as a button too!.
I admire your dedication to your memory bears. I don't think i would get so much enjoyment from making the same thing over and over, but you are giving so much pleasure, and treasured memories, to so many people, so of course it is worth it. Love Kate x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, don't know where the time's gone today. I bet you feel the same about the children, how quickly they grow up. That must be what you would call a handful of bears Lol! Have fun making them and a lovely weekend too. Angela xXx

Twiglet said...

Lovely photos of those clever little ones - special memories there! xx Jo

Catriona said...

No wonder your bears are so popular Annie when you make them with such care, love and respect. Photos of the grandees are lovely as always-what a talented family you are!!

Lillianb said...

I had to have a look at this post as well, you must be so proud of them, love the bears

lilian B