Friday 6 July 2018

This week's smiles....week 279

Hello all.  Here we are at my Friday round up of smiles for the week.  It's been a scorcher this week and everyone seems to need their sewing doing yesterday still so I've had my fans on and my sewing machine [and me] have had a good work out.  I love it when I'm busy and enjoy the challenges that come through my door each day.  I'm not the only one buzzing this week though.  The garden seems full or bees of every description ......

....as you can see there's plenty of new blooms for the bees, butterflies and insects to enjoy too.





We have planted and new little area of our garden with wild flowers specially for the bees and I've noticed this gorgeous flower growing yesterday....does anyone know what it is?




The twins sent me this photo this week....I think they are shower hats they are wearing but they never fails to make me chuckle.



Little Theo has been at a local pick your own farm with two of his little friends and their mummies picking strawberries and as you can see he's pretty good at picking them....but kept saying 'Nanny says wash wash' so was happy to wait tile he got home before eating them.....what a good boy.  :-)




Theo came to play with me Tuesday afternoon while his mummy was working and we had lots of fun in the kitchen with a bowl of water.....my floor got a good washing too.  :-)












I have also had two wonderful nights at the theatre in Shrewsbury watching Amy's two girls but we weren't allowed to take photos for obvious reasons.  
  • Monday night Lulu joined about 200 other children from local schools to play her ukulele on the stage.  They played and sang for about an hour.
  • Phoebe joined about 150 children on stage to play her flute.  Others played other woodwind instruments and they entertained us for about an hour.
We really enjoyed both nights and are full of pride seeing our little granddaughters having the confidence to take part in such events. 

I hope you have enjoyed sharing my smiles for the week and will leave me a little message before linking up to your smiles below.
Hugs,
Annie x



7 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You have some fabulous photos of your flowers. Unbelievable. I'm striving for something similar next year. Sorry, I.m no good whatsoever with flower identification. Someone who knows flowers, maybe that MUCH OLDER sister of yours, might know.

LOVED the photo of the twins. I laughed and laughed. Too cute.

Theo has learned properly from you (and not just about washing fruit, either). And I can tell how proud of the two girls you are. What fun to see them and their instruments.

Have a great Friday and a super weekend, too, dear.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie pretty flower but not sure what it is but pleased to hear you are planting especially for the bees. These small creatures are so important so they need to be encouraged. Children made me smile again today but not the idea of having to work indoors with this weather though outside wouldn't be any better. Have a great weekend, we're off to Bridlington today so hopefully have more photos for next week. Angela xXx

Twiglet said...

All your little ones are growing up so fast - such a lot of fun and smiles there. Don't know what the plant is. xx

Lisca said...

Sorry I'm late again.
Your garden is beautiful. It reminds me of the nursery rhyme Mary, Mary, quite contrary, how does your garden grow. Well, you mystery flower is not cockle shells or silver bells, nor the pretty maids. Could it be stock? (a small version)

I smiled at the twins in their shower hats and little Theo, bless him, has been taught well to wash the strawberries first.

You have been very busy by the sounds of it and I had a peep at your WOYWW post to see what you have been up to.

Aren't you glad of your tiled floor! Theo has had the time of his life playing with water. Can you understand now that children in warm countries have no problem potty training, as they just run around naked on the tiles and accidents are no problem. It looks like you are having a summer like the one in 1976. Do you remember that one? I do as I was pregnant then.

Have a fab weekend. Don't work too hard in this weather,
Hugs,
Lisca

mamapez5 said...

I love the buddleia in your garden, and I know the bees and butterflies love it too. I feel I should know the little purple flower too, but its name escapes me for now.
Theo is obviously enjoying life. I've never been to 'pick your own' fruit farm. It can be pretty back-breaking for adults, but what fun for the children to hunt for red fruits.
It is so good for the girls to be learning and performing with their chosen instruments. It gives them so much confidence as well as learning about timing and musicality, and how to work as part of a group. Good for them.
hugs Kate xx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, another lovely post with lots of happy photos. The one of the twins is brilliant! I should know what your mystery flower is but can't think of it now. If it comes to me I'll let you know. How clever of Theo to heed your advice about washing fruit too - that did make me chuckle. Have a wonderful weekend - maybe even a restful one after your very busy week. Hugs, Ellie xx

Kelly said...

I may link up some time but your young one in the middle of the kitchen floor did make me smile. I used to do that with my granddaughters. I'd put a plastic table cloth on the floor, give them 2 bowls - one with cheerieos or fruit loops. The oldest has OCD and was fun to watch her try to make sure she had the same amount in each bowl. If one looked like it had a bit more, she'd start eating them til she thought they were even LOL Creative Blessings! Kelly