Here we are at another Wednesday catch up with our friends and their creative spaces around the world.....I love seeing what you've all been up to.
It's been another manic week here at Sewing by Annie's since last Wednesday...
- We were out Thursday night enjoying some quality time together with my life long friends to celebrate her 60th Birthday...she has moved recently to Chirk which is just 40 mins away from us so we hope to catch up on a more regular basis from now on.
- Friday night was our son Mark's 30th birthday party....it was an 80s / 90s themed fancy dress party and I hope to share some pics with you on my Friday smiles post so if you need a giggle then please pop back then and why not share your own smiles too and link up with us?
- Saturday morning was supermarket shopping and then in the afternoon we had our daughter Amy and her three here for a couple of hours.
- Sunday morning we enjoyed a walk around Attingham Park with Milly....she loves catching up on all the doggy news with the many dogs that walk there. In the afternoon we enjoyed the sunshine and had a good tidy up in the garden ready for winter.
- Monday it was back to work for a rest and this is what I've been sewing......
A friend of our daughter Amy gave me a bin bag filled with old jeans because she felt I might make use of the denim so as a thank you I made a memory bear out of one of the pairs for her 6 year old little boy.....washed denim really is lovely to sew with and it made a really lovely little bear.
One of my customers brought me a pale blue cardigan and a navy cardigan that used to belong to her one Grandma and a beautiful cream embroidered nightie that used to belong to her other Grandma and these are the two Memory bears I've made out of them for her. Both very different but they hold very special memories of the two much loved ladies.
The other thing on my desk is this selection of fabrics that I have sorted out to make a lap quilt out of for an elderly aunt who will be celebrating her 100th birthday just after Christmas.....I may add/edit them yet before making the quilt but thought these were rather pretty.
That's all I've got to share for today so if you leave me a little message so I know you've called in I will do my best to pay you a return visit to see what's on your desk this week....and don't forget to call back on Friday for your smiles of the week and join in the fun if you can.