Wednesday 16 September 2015

WOYWW.....

I have to be honest and say no sewing has been done since last week and there is no working desk to show you but there has been real progress in the new sewing room [sorry this is rather picture heavy but I know many are watching developments with interest].


I have a newly painted room and my darling hubby and I have been busy setting it all up.
There are three new double wall cupboards on the one wall.


Of course I have already started to fill them :-)


Our gorgeous son has done the second fix of the electric boxes and our wonderful son-in-law came Sunday to change the mains electric box, check all the electrics and sign it off for us....isn't it wonderful when you have such useful, willing family members?



And here is the first socket in my new sewing room....and it works too  :-)



Saturday saw my darling hubby and I fitting a light oak laminate flooring in there....we've never done it before but it went down like a dream.


And doesn't it look gorgeous?


We've fitted a large double wardrobe in the one corner [now with mirror doors].



And yes, you've guessed it, It's already been filled :-)



The work tops are starting to go in....this one to the left of the door.



Another one is on the right of the door and my industrial machine has been lifted through to come next.


The other end on the room, opposite the wardrobe, we are fitting an Ikea Expedit unit with a work surface to be fitted on the top.....this will eventually be filled with at least some of my fabrics :-)






As you can see it's all coming together nicely and I'm so very thrilled with it.  As you would expect, I'm tearing at the leash to get in there to sort out my fabrics and really make it mine but I hope you're enjoying coming along with me while it's all being done.

Thanks for calling by.  Please leave me a little message to let me know what you think and I will pop over to yours as soon as I can.
Hugs,
Annie x



21 comments:

Helen said...

oh I love your space! the floor looks fabulous,and so easy to clear up, no carpet for bits of fluff or cotton to stick to! Love the cupboards, too. We'll soon have a happy Annie sewing away again (yes, lucky you with your son/son in law to do the work too)

Helen said...

oops, sorry forgot the #5... Helen

Twiglet said...

It's going to be soooooo lovely! x Jo

voodoo vixen said...

Oooh Annie, it is looking wonderful... I can imagine the excitement and anticipation you are going through to see it finished so you can get in there and start playing!!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I knew it was going to be a good space, but my goodness, it's fantastic! A work room to be proud of..I bet you'll get a kick every time you walk in there! And how lovely to plan the storage to have things exactly where you want them. Lovely stuff!!
Hugs, LLJ 13 xxx

Diana Taylor said...

Wow, it's looking fabulous - I love the oak flooring and the huge amount of storage and shelving. I can imagine the pleasure you are having from organising and filling the spaces and I must admit I am now yearning to strip out my own studio and 'start from scratch'!! I hope things continue going well and I look forward to seeing the next stage of developments!
Have fun,
Diana #22

Neet said...

Oh Annie, this looks and sounds gorgeous. All your patience and hard work is coming to fruition. I wish you many many happy hours sewing in your own special room.
Hugs, Neet 7 xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

A wonderful work space well truly in the making there, Annie well doe non the helpers involved, such clever Vegemites all of them!
...and you will add all your homely touches to complete the revamp totally!
Happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz.x #33

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

sandra de said...

Your sewing space is starting to look amazing but I have to admit the real stars are your family. How wonderful to have such talented helpful people in your life. Have a lovely week.
sandra de @26

Julia Dunnit said...

It's looking fab Annie, I totally get why you're straining at the leash and filling as you go! Well done on the floor, it looks super. I love a job we can do together, very satisfying.

CraftygasheadZo said...

Wow looks amazing. I bet you can't wait for it to finish. I know I would be! Take care Zo xx 36

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Great progress in your sewing room and very clever storage solutions. Lucky-lucky you! Have a great week! zsuzsa @ InkyDinkyDoodle #38

Tilly Tea Dance said...

Annie the new sewing room looks fab! I don't blame you for being desperate to get in there. I love what you've done with the Ikea Expedit shelving to make a work desk, very clever. Might have to pinch that idea if I ever get a sewing room of my own. The main question surely on every WOYWW's lips is 'which of your workdesks will you be using to showcase your sewing on WOYWW?'!! :-)

Lisca said...

Ooh! That is a fantastic room! I love the laminate floor and the large cupboards. You are a lucky girl!
Thanks for visiting earlier,
Lisca

akilli melek said...

what a wonderful creative space you have. Love that you have lots of room
C xx

JoZart Designs said...

It's a beautiful place in which to sew and create and it is lovely how your joy and appreciation shines through. You deserve it so much after the time you had getting your new home. Enjoy and good luck and happiness to you.
Love Jo x

Anne said...

Love it, love it, love it! :-) Am very jealous - you with a dedicated room for your craft and LLJ having a new bathroom :-) Anne x #34

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

this looks wonderful, what a fantastic space. Pleased to see you are getting the cupboards organised too, naturally. Thanks for the visit to mine and happy woyww, Angela x 29

peggy aplSEEDS said...

Wow, I'm so happy and excited for you, Annie! Your sewing room is looking wonderful already! I love the floor and how clever that you could install it yourselves! All those shelves and table space, what a dream come true!
Happy WOYWW and thanks so much for already dropping by!
Hugs, peggy aplSEEDS

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh Annie, so happy for you to finally have this come together. It is gorgeous. I'd be anxious to fill all that space too ! Love the floors. It is always so great to have family who can do projects ! My 2 sons are great on almost anything constructive. Thanks for the sew machine advice and for your visit. Have a lovely weekend.

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Annie just popped in to check your desk this week, no post from me - too busy elsewhere. True excitement now, with the power and fit out happening. Hubby and yourself are very handy and have done a super job with the floor...so happy for you and have loved watch it evolve. Enjoy your week RobynO