Friday 4 October 2013

This week's smiles....week 38

Hello out there to all my wonderful friends who take the time out of their busy lives to share their happy posts.  I really do appreciate your efforts.  This week I am featuring Laura's post over at beads buttons & birds for a product that appears to state the bloomin' obvious  :-)  There are so many products out there that seem to do that...... like a bag of mixed nuts with a warning on the packet stating 'may contain nuts'!!! You really would hope they do wouldn't you?  :-)

My smiley photo for this week is one taken this Tuesday when I had a house full of fun, giggles and love.  Can't you just see why I feel so very blessed?

My two wonderful daughters, my gorgeous daughter-in-law to be and my five super special grandchildren.  They all came for tea and an evening of togetherness.....happy happy times.

I was hoping to have happy news on the house front today to share but alas it is not to be.  The young couple who wanted our house have dropped out and put an offer in on another house...even though it's in Wales [where they don't want to live], their little girl will have to learn welsh[ which they don't agree with], they will have to drive the children to school [and they said it was important to then that they could walk them there] and in the winter they will be snowed in!!!
Do I sound a little bitter?  Hehehe nooooooooo.....it's not in my nature.  Disappointed ? yes, because we had already put an offer in that had been accepted on the bungalow we want to move to and now can't proceed with the sale.  :-(  Oh well there will be other buyers and I'm a great believer in fate...It was just not meant to be.

Thanks for the advise Julia....this was all the blue tack I had  :-)

Now, please go and snap a pic of something that has made you smile this week and link it up below....I really do feel the world is a nicer place to be if we all make someone smile.


12 comments:

Gill Edwards said...

Your week like mine has been all about family gatherings. Im sorry about the house sale falling through but as you say maybe something even better is just around the corner.

Gill x

Helen said...

Sorry that your potential buyers aren't going to be buyers! But they're obviously not good enough to buy your home, I am sure the right people will be along soon.
Love the family pic - happy times!

Julia Dunnit said...

Yep, family trumps everything girly, and those littlies are just right for distracting the disappointment. For that's all it is, just a hump in the road. And hey..your modelling of the blue tack butts is well, second to none!!

mamapez5 said...

I'm sorry about the house sale. It is so disappointing for you. But the right people are out there somewhere, so keep hoping.
At least you had a wonderful family day to keep you smiling. You are indeed blessed! Kate x

Hettie said...

Aw Bless em all. Now I am curious about the blue tack balls and wondering if I should make some out of pink tack I have?
Your time will come for the house, the right one is waiting for you.
Hugs
xx

Laura said...

Sos orry about the house sale.
Thanks for featuring me :)
I can't get photos to upload on the wifi I am on currently so I'll aim for two next Friday!!
Pinkies crossed the right buyer turns up soon x

Twiglet said...

Such a happy pic! x Jo

Elizabeth said...

So sorry to read your news about the house sale falling through ... so frustrating for you. I know because it has taken us the better part of a year to get to the point we are at now and I and I well remember the ups and downs. However, what's for you won't go by you ... another buyer will come along and another bungalow - an even better one - will be yours one day. In the meantime you have a wonderful family to enjoy - your grandchildren are all a joy and a pleasure ... and they certainly make me smile along with you :) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

Caro said...

Gorgeous family photo! So sorry to hear about the house...hope it all comes together soon. Thanks for the smile. Caro x (#7)

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Indeed blessed, happy and healthy, what more could grandparents want?
Selling is always a struggle, but it will happen just not as quick as we would like.
Have a wonderful weekend. Prayhing our weather heads another direction away from the farming communities.

Neet said...

What a lovely photo for the family album. The grandees look so cute - and "yes" you are blessed.
Lots of Love
Neet xx

Geri Meftah Art said...

I love to read about your knitting. I love to do it too, but I am doing it to little. But your blog is an inspiration. Greetings from Geri