Hello to all my wonderful visitors this week. Another Wednesday means another day of showing and telling and sharing our spaces with blogging friends all over the world.....and yes I do mean all over the world. I have so far had 19 requests to swap ATC with me for the 4th year celebrations of this wonderful group and at least 8 of those are from over sea friends [and yes I do consider you as friends....just ones I haven't met as yet]. If your name isn't on my list to swap and you'd like it to be please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your details.
This week saw the situation changed for one of my WOYWW friends. On Thursday my darling hubby took me to a local pub to stalk Neet who was in the area [ I had warned her first of course :-) ] and wahooooooo I can now say I have met her....... trust me when I say she is just as lovely as I though she was. We sat and chatted as though we had known each other for years [which of course we had!]. Life should be filled with days like that.
And here's the proof :-)
I haven't had a lot of time for crafting this week but will show you what I have been up to...
My work rail has filled and emptied several times.
Here there is...
- 9 pair of shortened trousers
- 2 altered dresses
- a jacket that I've shortened the sleeves on
I had to redesign a couple of chair pads to make a fitted seat pad for an elderly gentleman to use in his can to aid with comfort after hip surgery. This all had to be hand sewn!
A trip to Ikea resulted in a new Expedit storage unit....alas not for crafting storage though!
This was needed to house toys for the grandchildren. We had bags and boxes full of toys everywhere and needed to tidy things up for all the house viewing we are hoping to get now we have reduced the sale price :-)
Keep your fingers crossed for us please.
On top of all that...
- You might have seen on Jo's blog that we have also fitted in a theatre night out to see 'Made in Brum'....a brilliant night out.
- We have visited our good friend in her care home...she is always thrilled to see us on our fortnightly visits.
- Caught up with the family
- Oh and I've done a bit of dusting, cleaning, tidying, ironing etc etc....you know, all those little things that need keeping up to date when your house is on the market :-)
If you leave me a little hello comment I will do my best to pay you a return visit in between this weeks activities :-)