Thursday 5 May 2011

A poem for those difficult times.....

 I'm sure we all have times when, how ever much we know what are doing is the right thing to do, there is always someone out there doing their best to make life difficult for you.  I am having one of those times in my life just now and thought I'd share the poem I read to help me cope.  Hope it helps all who read it as much as it helps me.  Please feel free to copy, paste and print it and keep it close for when life throws you problems to deal with.....and don't let the buggers win!!!


Anyway

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centred;
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and true enemies;
Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and frank, they may cheat you;
Be forthright anyway.
What you spend years building, they may destroy overnight;
Build anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous and scorn;
Be joyous anyway.
The good you do today, they will forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and it will never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.
You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God;
It was never between you and them, Anyway.

Anonymous





It gives me the confidence to continue doing what I know is the right thing to do so hope it helps you too.
Hugs to you all.  Annie x

12 comments:

WhingingNinja said...

thats a lovely poem, I hope you are dealing with whatever you are going through. I too am going through a hard time in life at the moment. I'll be keeping this poem for sure.

me said...

Seems to be 'something in the water these days'.Some people are sent to try us. Lovely poem, reading always puts things back on an even keel I find. Rudyard Kipling's 'If' is a good one too. Sending you a big hug and kiss. Love Karen

Tina Gilmore said...

((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))
when can i take you out for lunch? Sounds like you need it. xxxx

Di said...

Hi Annie, thanks so much for this. I'm having to handle a friendship problem and sometimes it gets hard to keep forgiving. I'll keep this by me. I hope it helps you and me both. Hugs, Di x

oneoff said...

Sending a big hug, Annie, and thanks for sharing that poem. Hoping that your troubles soon pass.

Bx

mckinkle said...

Thinking of you
Keryn x

KC'sCourt! said...

Thank you for the poem
Julie xxxxxxxx

Twiglet said...

If at first.... Thanks for the reminder of this one. Its an uphill climb but don't forget - I am just behind you giving you that little push to get you to the top!!

Mrs A. said...

Such meaningful words and so very true to life. Dealing with elderly parent issues at the moment so apreicate the poem and thinking of you. Hugs Mrs A.

JoZart Designs said...

Despite it all you still have time for others, including me! Thanks for being there and if I can help... you got it! Great poignant poem....
Hugs JoZarty xxx

Helen said...

Sorry to hear you are facing some tough times - I am sure you will get there especially with Jo behind you as she says,pushing you up the hill. It is a great poem, thank you for sharing it. I say, sod 'em!!

SueH said...

Aww Annie, I’m sorry you’ve going through a tough time at the moment.

You’re always the first to offer to support to others when they need it, as you were for me at the end of last year when I lost dad, so it makes me sad to hear that you are having problems.

I hope it all sorts it’s self out very soon for you and I can see why that beautiful poem gives you the courage and strength to hang on in there.

Big hugs
Sue
x