Hello all. I was missing last week because we didn't get back from an escape weekend in our caravan until Tuesday and I had nothing to show and tell.
We went to a lovely little campsite near Monmouth with only 12 pitches and really lovely facilities. As you can see Peggy loves the camping life. It was a little too hot and the internet signal was poor but who cares...a lot of nothing was done and batteries were recharged.
I was really missed and have spent the last week catching up with work.
This customer said she was coming for 2 memory bears and when she arrived she decided to have 4 made :-) They are made from a Dad's/Grandad's favourite shirts and turned out really lovely.
One lady came on Wednesday morning [a week early by mistake lol], ten minutes before I was expecting a Bridesmaid and an evening dress to arrive! She came with a bag full of dresses and skirts but was well prepared so I managed to fit her in before my other customers arrived. :-)
In fact this week I have....
- Made the 4 Memory bears
- Shortened an Evening dress
- Shortened a Bridesmaid dress
- Shortened 5 summer dresses and 2 Skirts
- Took 2 dresses up on the shoulders
- Top stitched up the front of a blouse
- Shortened 2 pair of leggings to make them cropped length
- Cut up the front of a fleece top and put a zip in
- Shortened the sleeves on a Demin Jacket
On top of all that this is what's been going on at the end of our front drive. 3 weeks ago we reported a water leak at the end of our drive. During the next 3 weeks it got worse and was reported several times. It took 4 teams and 3 weeks to deal with it!!
1 guy came and drew a blue box round it!
3 weeks later the next team came and dug a hole and repaired the leak. Another team came to backfill the hole and the next team came to tarmac it all.
Eventually the road sweepers came and washed the road and pavement.
No wonder there's a drought eh?
That's all from me for this week. I will do my best to pop by at yours to see what you've been up to.
Hugs,
Annie x


3 comments:
Glad you had a good trip, Peggy certainly enjoyed by the looks of it! It’s great that you have so many customers, didn’t you ‘retire’ some time ago?! lol πππ. Was it Bernard Cribbins who sang Right Said Fred? Reminds me of your water leak workers!!
Hugs LLJ 2 xx
Somebody looks warn out after the trip! Pleased you had a good time. The new teddies are beautiful. That's an interesting story about the leak but I'm not surprised :Lol! Happy woyww, Angela x7x
Happy too-hot WOYWW!
Stunning bears - it really does pay to be prepared! I cannot believe how dry and brown it is, seemingly everywhere. Heavens - they can't even say so many teams were needed because of the heat! Maybe three weeks ago but it's been cool for at least 2 of them. Sad to thing of all that water lost...
Mary Anne (6)
Post a Comment