Wednesday 29 May 2024

WOYWW....

 Here we are at another weekly catch up with our creative friends all over them world.  It's been a busy one for me here at Sewing by Annie's


I've made this lovely set of Memory bears in memory of a lovely man using his 4 fav tops/shirts.  Each bear has a panel of each of the 4 shirts but because they are in a different place on each they are all different.






On my rail today there's a jacket that I've shortened the sleeves on, two nurse's tunics that I have taken in on the sides and 4 gorgeous powder blue bridesmaid's dresses....I did the fittings on these yesterday but when I came to start the work on them guess what?....



I only had two reels of thread in the right blue and these were nearly running out....You wouldnt believe that I have all these threads in my blue/green drawer and yet not enough of the right colour....guess I need to go shopping before I can start.
If only I knew on Saturday I could have bought some when I was there buying more black/white interfacing and stuffing for my bear making!!


I have mastered the art of cord making this week and now just have to decide what to do with it :-)

Thanks for calling in today.  Please leave me a little message and I will do my best to call over at yours to see what you've been up to this week.
Hugs,
Annie x


12 comments:

Helen said...

I hope you get the blue thread quickly to get the bridesmaid dresses done. I love the memory bears. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Twiglet said...

You can check my blue drawers if you want. Well done on the those bears. They are lovely . x x Jo

Lunch Lady Jan said...

We believe you about the blue thread (or is it just an excuse to go to Abakhan, lol!!). That’s just Sod’s Law isn’t it…. I like the cord maker, bet that’s very therapeutic to do!
Hugs LLJ 5 xx

Lindart said...

It's amazing that you couldn't find the right blue in that big drawer of blue and green! The bears are precious, I'm sure they will be loved! The cording looks great! I'm sure you will find all sorts of places to use it! Have a wonderful week, Lindart #15

Lynnecrafts said...

Hi Annie, they’re great bears and your thread drawers are impressive!
I’d be interested to know where your cord maker’s from, please?
Happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 12 xx

Crafting With Jack said...

All those blues and not the right shade! How frustrating for you. Your cord maker looks interesting, is it similar to a knitting doll with the four nails on top? Happy WOYWW. Angela #11

Sarah Brennan said...

Making quick visits while away as the Wi-Fi is good at the villa. Thanks for joining in and Happy WOYWW. Sarah

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, I thought I'd left you a message before going out this morning but can't see it. Anyway I'm here now. Thanks for your kind thoughts, been to pick up mum's stuff from the care home today. Loving the new tedds. I absolutely understand you not having enough of the right colour, it always amazes me that we can have loads of one colour and still not have the right one. Pleased you've mastered ther new toy too. Wishing you a very happy woyww Angela x10x

Spyder said...

Those dresses look fabulous, so of course you want the 'right' blue! The Teds look great too...I was thinking of making a bear out of John's dressing gown...but then thought, better not... Have a great week, Happy WOYWW!?((Lyn))#14

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Your memory bears are lovely and wow that's a lot of thread and it's funny how you always want the one you haven't got or the smallest amount off.Are you going to use your cord in jewelry making? Happy woyww and have a great weekend - Michelle #13

Susan Renshaw said...

Amazing you couldn't find the right blue in that drawer!!
Love those bears...
Happy WOYWW! Susan #4

Neet said...

So that is all you have in the blue and green drawer!! What other drawers have you got? You seem to have so much cotton what a shame you don't have the right shade.
At the caravan so the internet is variable which means I am so late.
Hugs, Neet 3 xx