Friday 10 May 2024

This week's smiles....week 373

 Here we are at another weekly catch up of the smiles from the week.  I was missing on Wednesday for WOYWW because I had been up most of the night with a poorly tummy so hadn't slept and had looked after the grandchildren on Tuesday so was totally drained....I'm pleased to say I am much better now and after a couple of good night's sleep am now raring to go. I have a few smiles to share with you...


After spending over 4 hours with my eldest daughter, Shell, in A and E on Saturday she treated us to some croissants and lots of fresh fruit for our breakfast on Sunday morning.....as you can see some of the fruit was a little tart!!  His face really made me chuckle.

Shell had had a virus that had caused her to have a prickly heat type rash all over her arms and legs and it then caused her to have reactive arthritis in her hands....she was in so much pain and her hands were very swollen....thankfully they gave her some strong antiinflammatories and they are much better now....we are so lucky to have our NHS [even if it did take over 4 hours lol].





Here is this week's collage of some of the gorgeous plants in our garden....there seems to be something to make us smile everywhere we look [even if the pollen from all the flowers is making my asthma worse!].










Of course I had to find a few funnies to share with you.

Bottom left really made me smile, being an ex midwife.








I've had a few days like the cat in bottom right pic lately so it made me chuckle.

Hope you have found something to make you smile and will link up to your own smiles below....everyone welcome.
Hugs,
Annie x


8 comments:

Cloudia said...

Glad you are feeling better! Aloha

Twiglet said...

Your garden is really beautiful - especially that lovely wisteria. Glad you are feeling better.x x Jo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Lovely photos of the garden and pleased you're feeling better. Loving the funnies too. Hugs Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

Glad you are feeling better Annie.
Shell's attack sounds very unpleasant. It is good they managed to get it under control for her.
As usual your garden is looking so lovely. I had all of these in my UK garden so it made me quite nostalgic. But I do understand the pollen problem as I am also affected here.Kate x

Iris Flavia said...

Sounds like a rough week! Glad you are better and have not lost your smiles - thank you for the funnies, too! x

LA Paylor said...

that virus sounds horrible...so glad there are doctors and meds to control the symptoms... I know that feeling of eating a sweet fruit salad, then hitting a sour bite! LeeAnna

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, so sorry to hear you've been unwell. There was I fondly imagining you were off in your caravan again for the Bank Holiday! Glad your feeling better today. Dod's face is a picture! Sorry, but it did make me laugh, as did your funnies. The hippo one may be true but I'll keep walking and eating my greens. It's the triumph of hope over adversity I'm going with at the moment. Take care and hugs to you both. Ellie xx

Helen said...

glad you are feeling better, the garden is looking gorgeous. have a good weekend. Helen