Friday 3 November 2023

This week's smiles....week 327

 What a wonderful week it's been for us here at Sewing by Annie's....We left here on Friday morning and got home on Tuesday afternoon.....and we had an amazing time.  We had no rain apart from at night time so were able to explore Devon.




We stayed in a beautiful little barn conversion in Loxhore. It had a cleverly designed kitchen in a cupboard and was in beautiful enclosed gardens which Milly really enjoyed.





We visited Saunton Sands, the hotel we had our honeymoon in 43 1/2 years ago, and a lovely lady took our photo :-)

Milly really enjoyed her run on the beach.



We enjoyed meals out every day [in dog friendly places...and Milly was a real star] and we even sat outside on the Monday under a Covid style hut with a wall heater...and we enjoyed walks on lots of beaches.

All in all we revisited many places with special memories and had an amazing few days.

I came home to 13 memory characters waiting for me to make so have been kept very busy since Tuesday.


Of course I had to find a few funnies to share with you...hope something here makes you smile.

Please leave me a little comment so I know you've called in and then link up to your own smiles below.

Hugs,

Annie x

8 comments:

Twiglet said...

Lovely photos. So glad you had a good time and thankfully managed to get back before the floods. x x Jo

Lisca said...

I'm glad you had such a good time. I know the area well and I have been to Saunton Sands many times. We had (actually still have) a caravan on a campsite in Bratton Fleming, halfway between Barnstaple and Ilfracombe.
I laughed at the funnies. Global warming, haha!
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Iris Flavia said...

That sounds like a wonderful, wonderful time - with sweet memories, too! And great weather - perfect!
Those bath-houses are very cute, and happy pics of you :-)
The munchies, LOL and the pie, good ones, to a great Friday!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I love those converted barns and this one is so well done. The kitchen idea is brilliant. Pleased Milly was able to join in the trip too. Hve a good weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

I have been to Deven many times but that is not an area I am familiar with, but it sounds as though you had alovely time there. I am so pleased for you.
You found some good funnies to keep us smiling. Kate x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I wondered why you weren’t on the desks this week! Looks like you really struck lucky with the weather, which was amazing given what its been like. Bet Milly was shattered after scampering along the beach. We went to Lyndon and Lynmouth for our honeymoon 41.5 years ago, lol, nowt exotic!
Hugs LLJ xxxx

LA Paylor said...

Millie is a cover-girl... what a beauty. I loved seeing where you honeymooned and your current pic there...wonderful! Came home to .... what are you making?
LeeAnna

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was gone by the time you posted this week, therefore, I am very late visiting.

Sounds like you had a great time. Milly is a star (and knows it). LOVE those beach huts. We don't have them in the states.

The owners did a fabulous job converting that barn. It is beautiful in AND out. Hope your weekend is going well.