Friday 23 July 2021

This week's smiles....week 431

 Here we are at my weekly round up of what's made me smile this week.  We have been away for a long weekend adventure in our motor home and this time we went to a lovely 'tranquil site' over near Boston in Lincolnshire.....it was an adult only site [hense the tranquility!!].  It was a lovely site with lots of trees and birds and there was an enclosed dog run so Milly could be let off her lead to run.




It was really hot while we were away so we enjoyed the shade of the trees around us and we bought Milly a new cool mat [as you can see she quickly found out how good that was].  There might have been a few glasses of Pimms drank [well you do have to keep hydrated in this heat].  We enjoyed several BBQs and  hubby even had rainbows on his legs at one point although the photo doesn't show it as clearly as we could see it.





While we were away Theo was in charge of watering our tomatoes [with his daddy and mummy of course] and as you can see his reward was a yummy carrot out of the garden :-)

I just love that little face :-)





Lexi has taken on a pink and purple look for her holidays [it's only temporary so wont last long].
I'm not sure what colour I will go yet :-)





There's been lots of this going on in this heat this week....bliss.  For those wondering, Theo has a special waterproof protector on his arm for the water.





Steve has been for trials to play for Shrewsbury under 10s this week....hes a brilliant little goaly and really loves his football....even in the heat!!



Finally, for those that enjoy my garden updates.  There's colour in every corner and I love it so just have to share it with you all.

And that is all for this week.  I hope you're all managing to stay cool in this heat and have lots to smile about.  Please leave me a little message so I know you've called by and then link to your smiles below.

Hugs,
Annie x




8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, Lexi's hair is amazing. I like those colors. Milly looks really happy on her new mat. Nice to see Theo and the twins staying cool in the pool. Theo looks so cute eating that carrot. Most kids in the states would prefer a candy.

Your flowers are amazing. You really must have a gorgeous garden. I'd love to see it sometime. Hope you have a great Friday and weekend, too.

Catriona said...

Fantastic photos that say SUMMERTIME! Glad you had a good break-have taken note of the tranquil site for future visit. Happy weekend-we’re still at around 28C and I’m not worth a button!

Lisca said...

I'm so happy you had a lovely tranquil break. I had never heard of a cool mat. But Milly seems to love it. (Do you have to cool it first?)
I looove Lexi's hair! Oh to be young!
I also love the photos of Theo watering the plants with his daddy and his gorgeous little face eating the carrot. He's a joy.
Your flowers look absolutely lovely in the garden. A lot of reds and pinks. I like fuchsia's and yours looks really nice.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Twiglet said...

I think I might have been the inspiration for Lexi - mine is several different shades just now!! Glad you had a fab time - love the rainbow legs. xx Jo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Pleased you enjoyed your time away. It has been very hot here in Lincolnshire but the sun has gone in today and I'm not complaining as we're really ready for a break from the heat. Maisie and Stan have cooler coats which you keep damp and although you wouldn't think they like them (they disappear when coats are out) but they certainly are a lot more comfortable on their walk. Loving the new hair style that Lexi has chosen and everyone else looks to be having a good time too. Take care, keep cool and have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

LA Paylor said...

I want pink hair! And what fun you're all having. Love a garden

mamapez5 said...

Hot pink and red flowers for a hot week in your garden today.
I smiled at Lexi's hair. I remember when one of my boys started the holiday with bright blue hair! I found out later he has to bleach it first and through the following weeks it faded and went an odd sort of green!
The camp site sounds ideal for the two of you and little Millie and you had some lovely weather to enjoy it.
They say rain is on the way this weekend. I hope there is plenty more sun too for the youngsters to enjoy during the holiday from school. Kate x

Helen said...

I love Lexi's hair! It looks like the whole family has managed to stay cool and enjoy the heat, been too much for me so I am glad it's cooler today. Have a great week