Wednesday 20 January 2021

WOYWW...

Another week of lockdown has passed....we will get there folks.

I've had no sewing for customers this week so have been enjoying lots of sewing for pleasure time.  




Thanks must go to Lynn Holland for her inspiration with my Clementine Cat last week.  She suggested I made a floaty dress for her so I made her a fully lined one with a lace underskirt like Lynn often wears....and I really love the result.




I was waiting for some lace to arrive last week to trim up some pretty pants for Wilhelmina and Clementine ....I like my girls to maintain their modesty  :-)  Of course they both have tails so I designed them both some with holes in the back for their tails to go through.....they couldn't wait to show you.





My little family has grown too this week as I've now finished Reynard Fox.  His tail was supposed to be attached on a button so it could remove when dressed but I decided to sew it in place and adjust the clothing accordingly ....he's rather lovely don't you think?





Of course it's rather chilly at the moment so I quickly run him up a pair of dungarees on Monday and he's now sat waiting for me to make him a shirt to go under it....I really love all the details in the making of each garment.  The dungarees are double stitched down the side seams and the pocket details are lovely...the back pockets are stitched with details just like a proper pair of jeans and the front bib pocket even has a little side pocket for his pencil to go in [if only I had a pencil that small].





When I'm sat hand sewing in the sitting room all my bits keep dropping on the floor so this week this lovely new lap table arrived and it's simply perfect for the job....it is adjustable so will also go over a bed if ever needed so will always be useful....as you can see my little partner in crime is never far from me. If she can't get upside me on my chair when I'm sewing she sits at my feet :-)

You can also see our latest jigsaw on the table in the background....I think this is the 8th we have done now :-)




I hope you are all finding plenty to keep you busy while we wait out this lockdown safely.

Hugs,

Annie x

27 comments:

Helen said...

Love the latest furry friends and their fab outfits! glad you are keeping busy. take care and stay safe. Helen #4

Sarah Brennan said...

What lovely outfits Annie - love the lace details on the undies. Glad you have had some time for your own sewing. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Lynn Holland said...

Clementine is delightful in her new frock. I can see her in the summer propped up in a wicker basket with a bunch of flowers on the front of a bicycle, skirts billowing in the wind. Her boyfriend Reynard fox pedalling along in his dungarees whispering sweet nothings in her ear.
Hee hee. Have a good week Annie
Lynn xx 7

Julia Dunnit said...

That Fox needs a waistcoat and a cravat! ashes wonderful! I like the teeny lace trim on the girls pants too, oh I do agree about mainting their modesty! You goose!! I do find myself busy, but not always by taking advantage of the situation to do clearing and sorting. I just do ‘stuff’!!

craftyani said...

Gosh Annie you have patience to think years ago I used to do things like you but now no way. Love your Mr Fox he looks like he should have some working gloves on. Ani #11

glitterandglue said...

Morning Annie. Cute!! They are all really lovely - and you have certainly enjoyed dressing all the family. Enjoy the jigsaw.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #1

Twiglet said...

They are soo lovely - Clementina is fab - I love Lynn's imagination too!!! xx Jo

Susan Renshaw said...

Love ALL these beauties!
Stay safe and keep well!
Happy WOYWW! Susan #12

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Clementine cat looks lovely in her new frock and the undergarments are fab too. I think the Fox looks like he should have a Leslie Philips type of voice ‘Well, hellloooooooo....’ Your attention to detail is amazing as always, I do admire your skill and patience very much.
Hugs LLJ 16 xxx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Your little creatures are just too cute, Annie! Hope you're keeping safe! xx zsuzsa #18

Catriona said...

All your menagerie are beautiful and their clothes are perfection! I still have my Christmas quilt to finish so I need to remotivate myself and bet it done!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, you might not have had any customers this week but you've made good use of your time and she looks lovely in fact they all do. Thanks for the lovely comment over at mine too. Take care and have a lovely creative woyww, Angela x14x

Lynnecrafts said...

Your Clementine and her fancy dress is lovely, and I adore the fancy pants with tails!
I see Mr Fox with a gingham shirt; how do you see him?
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs Lynnecrafts 22

Felicia said...

Annie, you are so, so talented and I simply LOVE your little friends! They are ALWAYS super cute and love how you dress them right down to the undergarments! LOL I love how you state that you "quickly" run up some article of clothing....ha ha....I couldn't quickly do ANYTHING when it comes to sewing!! Not my thing and would be totally lost! And the hand sewing is such an added treasure for the person who receives your lovely treasures! Stay safe and healthy in this lockdown!! Blessings, Felicia #27

BJ said...

Sigh spirited away to a land where animals wear clothes and frilly pants to boot. Brought back to earth by the table, could use one of those. BJ#13

Diana Taylor said...

Just stopped by to have a quick peek at your desk and had to comment on how gorgeous your animals are. They are works of art, even down to the exquisitely made undies.
Hope you have a good week,
Diana x #15

Crafting With Jack said...

Your new one is gorgeous in her pretty dress and the fox is very handsome. You are so clever! Have a great week Angela #6

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy WOYWW. Making some characters and clothes for them is what I want to do one day. Saved some videos on YouTube. I have got a very similar table for my diamond painting. Ali x #26

Karen said...

What a fantastic portable table ~ LOVE Reynards' overalls and the dress you made for clementine cat ~ oh and the lacy undergarments with tail accommodation is beyond sweet ~ You rock! Enjoy your week ~ Love, Karen#33

Anne said...

Oh Annie they really.just so delightful. I too am keeping very busy. Take care. Anne x

Neet said...

So glad you ran up a pair of dungarees for Mr Fox, I hope he gets a Foxy Lady to keep him company as he looks lonely sat there with only two other species to keep him company. I imagine her being very sexy with some ginger curls down the centre of her head.
Stay Safe & Well, Hugs, Neet 5 xx

Lillianb said...

What some great sewing and love the fox, looks lovely in the dungarees

Take care and stay safe.

Lilian B #19

Shoshi said...

Clementine Cat looks very glamorous in her pretty dress complete with lacy petticoat, and I'm glad she's got knickers on! I used to make a lot of rag dolls years ago, and whenever anybody handled them, they always lifted up their skirts to see if they were wearing knickers!!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #23

Caro said...

Loving the pretty dress, the lace petticoat and the cute little knickers! Love the Fox as well - he is looking very smart. Happy belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#8)

Spyder said...

I love your family of little critters! They do look so much nicer with clothes, and soooo much de'tail'! wish I could sew 'proper' I'm sure I'd love it if I could, although, I seem to remember kniting a jumper for a doll at school. Have a great crafty week, stay safe and Happy late WOYWW!? ((Lyn)) #17

Christine said...

What super friends you are collecting, they will always be there for you . . . The cat is elegant in her new dress.
Take care, stay safe
Christine #35

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, Apologies for being so late this week. Alan had his vaccine and has been quite poorly since. Love all your cute animals, and the tails are super cute. Hugs, Ellie x #34