Friday 8 January 2021

This week's smiles...week 403

 Here we are back in lockdown so I feel searching out a few smiles is even more important now.  I hope you are all keeping safe and doing your best to keep the Covid numbers down. This virus is doing it's best to stop us from smiling so we need to help and support each other during this difficult time.  If anyone is in need of a chat  I'm always here for you all so please just shout.

On to what has made me smile this week...


This is what home schooling looks like when you have 3 children all at different ages.  Phoebe has to have a laptop, and iPad and a phone available for use as she is having full days of school lessons as she is secondary school.  The other two also have lessons to do but of course both are in different classes.  As well as supporting all three Amy is also working from home to do the artwork and office work for their printing business....it's not easy is it?



Shell is now thankfully much better after her long Covid and is now back teaching.  The twins can go into their school on the days when she's teaching but of course have to be home schooled on the days she's at home plus of course she has her lesson planning and everything else to do.

Here she is showing me the face visor she has to wear at work as the Covid has left her rather claustrophobic and breathless when wearing a face mask.

It was her 37th Birthday yesterday....where do the years go?  It only seems 5 minutes since she was a tiny baby lying by me in a hospital cot. :-)




Shell's dog Jet is fashioning a t shirt this week following her surgery to neuter her....so much better than having to wear a collar of shame don't you think?










I have also got a few funnies I've seen on Facebook to share with you this week....I hope none offend.



I'm sure many can relate to this one.





I guess some jobs just can't be done from home.




I can def relate to this one :-)





I don't have a white orchid but I'd rather like one ;-)


I hope these have made you smile and you will now share your smiles with us.  Stay well and safe my friends.

Hugs,

Annie x

9 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

We in Wichita have K-6 grades in classrooms, while 7-12 are home schooled. The idea is, if parents must work away from home, the tweens and teens can take care of themselves. Wow, Phoebe has a lot of electronics. I have NONE of those (grin).

Loved the postmen funny. I was so focused on the orchid, I missed the "punchline." Have a super rest of Friday and a great weekend.

Helen said...

Glad Shell is feeling better; and love the home schooling pics. Thank goodness for all the tech. Take care Helen

Lynn Holland said...

It’s always a good start to the day seeing your Friday Smiles Annie. I do fell for all the families having to home school and work as well. My niece is a head teacher and has a nine and 14 year old as well. I don’t know how she manages but she does and she says she has a great team she works with. My other team niece is a single parent and a key worker. I’m so proud of them all.
The cartoons made me chuckle especially the orchid one.
Stay safe and well and thanks for being here Annie.
Much love
Lynn xxx

Twiglet said...

Lovely photos - what a time they are having to cope with but doing so brilliantly. Love the funnies. I am thinking of getting my modelling clay out and creating a "stand" for my orchid! xxx

Lisca said...

Sorry I'm late, we are having trouble with our internet. I managed to post my blog via my phone eventually but my comment to you has not got through, so if you get two comments from me, you know why.
I wanted to comment how you children are coping so wonderfully, with Shell actually having had Covid. You must be so proud.
And you are managing too with 'click and collect'. It will be interesting when people have to do their own measurements. I'm sure you have a disclaimer about that.
I chuckled at the funnies. They are all funny but the one about the orchid stole the show. I want one too!
Have a lovely weekend (perhaps with a G&T, just one, mind)
Hugs,
Lisca

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Liked the G&T bulk delivery picture. If only!!!!!!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, it's so nice to keep in touch and I really look forward to these chats. The children look as though they are coping well which is good though I'm not surprised they are far more adaptable then adults despite what some people think. Pleased to see Shell feeling much better, just about all the teachers I know who are still teaching have had the covid but are battling on guess that's just the type of people we are. I really miss it. Jet looks very smart and the funnies are a hoot too. Take care and keep smiling. Hugs, Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

It is good to hear Shell is improving now. I think those visas must be much better to wear than a face mask.
The home schooling cannot be easy, even for parents who are used to having some involvement in their children's work. I can quite see why the lack of technology is hampering the disadvantaged families.
Jet doesn't look very impressed with the tee-shirt, but definitely much better than a collar.
You are right about us all needing to keep smiling. We are so lucky to have families to raise our spirits, even if it is across a distance.
I saw the postman funny and it made me smile at the time and again now.
keep your chin up my friend. Kate x

Catriona said...

Very industrious students enjoying learning at home. All your funnies made me smile. Glad to see the smile behind the shield too-Michelle is looking well. Happy weekend to you both.