Wednesday 8 July 2020

WOYWW...

Firstly I must say happy birthday for yesterday to our Queen of Snoop, Julia, without whom this Wednesday madness would have never started.  Really hope your day was filled with Cake, Gin and lots of spoiling because I'm sure you deserve it.

Now onto what's on my desk for this week...




I've had a steady flow of customers wanting face masks and this batch was a special order for one of our local removal firms....these are the first 5 and hopefully there will be an order for another 10 once the men aprove of them.

They had been wearing disposable masks but they were working out too expensive so they are replacing those with some washable ones with their initials on so they know who's is who's.




I've put a new zip in a pair of jeans for one customer and repaired a pair of leggings for another...all jobs I can do without them coming in for fittings.

I've also had a steady flow of Memory bears this week.  This purple one was for a really lovely young lady who was leaving Minsterley school to go to her secondary school....Minsterley was my junior school so this one was rather special to make.






This little school bear is for a child leaving the school local to us here and just like those buses...two come at once...


....same school, different customer and a different choice of ribbon around his neck.  I love that each one is slightly different.

I think I still have another 7 bears to come this week at some point so I will be kept on my toes with work.......and I love it  :-) :-)

I do my best to visit all who call in here each week but I'm finding there is always some I don't get to leave comments on so I'm really sorry ....work just sometimes often gets in the way but I promise I do try to visit you all.

Hugs,
Annie x

19 comments:

Helen said...

I love the latest bears, that purple is beautiful! It must make a nice change from masks. Have a good week Helen #2

Twiglet said...

I love the initialled masks - great idea! xx Jo

Julia Dunnit said...

That’s a great idea isn’t it, to have initials on the mask....I hope they’re having a minimum of two each too! I see Helen mentioned the purple - it’s not a school uniform colour in these parts (no idea why!) and struck me the minute your blog loaded! Bit fed up with July so far, what happened to our glorious summer! Your Friday smiles are lovely, the garden must be gorgeous.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It's a lovely purpley post today - the bears are cute - I remember Minsterley well as we holidayed not too far away and Pontesbury too, Glad you keeping well and out of mischief - I used the artery forceps for the first time this week, not for stuffing but holding a drawstring channel open while I tried to retrieve the tape! So thanks again!!
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

lisa said...

Looking busy as always. Love the masks, so professional. I made a child's one last week out of rainbow fabric with teddy's on and hubby said he wanted one too and he's been wearing that one instead of his professional black one...typical of him really. Still if you can have a bit of fun with them it makes wearing them easier doesn't it!!
Have a good week
Hugs Lisax #17

Sue Jones said...

Those masks look very classy. loving the bears . Have a great week . Soojay #19

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

The memory bears are beautiful. I think people are starting to realise that the disposable masks are not a good option as they work out very expensive which is good for you as I'm sure they will be lots more orders on the way. Have a lovely and productive WOYWW, Angela x15x

glitterandglue said...

Hi Annie. Well done - more masks and bears!! Love the two the same but different!!
Take care. Stay safe. God bless.
Margaret #3

Lisa-Jane said...

My girl has just collected her bear from primary school - they give one to each child when they leave year 6. I was an absolute mess so one of the plus points of covid for me personally was not having to sit through a year 6 leavers assembly! They are a plain bear with a little to-shirt on with the school logo so not as personal as your lovely bears. I think even the feel of your bears must bring back memories for the children because there's a definite feel to the school sweatshirts isn't there?! Have a wonderful week, Lisa-Jane #16

Neet said...

I must show you my masks - I made them. me who cannot sew managed to make some. Tried to make the cup shaped ones but the one I tried lies unfinished as I got so lost in the instructions. Mine are not as posh as yours, that is lovely to have masks with initials on. Hope the order gets taken up.
Thanks for your kind words I am trying not to dwell on things but i can't help it at moments of silence. Still not healing as the nurse wanted this morning so bandaged up again and more steri strips on (old ones off of course) back in on Saturday so had another phone call to remind me of the rules just after I got home. Such a shame that the overworked nhs find they have to do this for every single appointment made.
Hugs, Neet 11 xx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, I think thats a smart move for them to go to washable masks, rather than disposable.We're going to be in this for the long haul, learning to live with it, just so annoying to see so many people behaving as though it's all over and done with!Love the bears, they must have been a trip down memory lane for you. Stay safe, have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #5 X

Crafting With Jack said...

Love your memory bears x Angela #25

Catriona said...

Breat idea to have the masks initialled and hope you get more orders from the same company. Bears are beautiful as always. I’m just about to start some more mask making as a lovely friend asked for another couple now they are mandatory here.

Lynn Holland said...

As prolifically busy as alway Annie. What a star you are 💫xxx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a grand idea adding the initials on the masks a genius idea. Your Bears are ever lovely Annie, especially the purple one, reminds me of my secondary school colours. Happy WoywW Tracey #12 x

Sarah Brennan said...

It does sound as if you are going to be kept busy with memory bears Annie. They are rather fabulous, so not surprising really. Have fun. Stay safe and happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #1

Susan Renshaw said...

I do love these memory bears... but how do you find time for everything?
Happy Crafting!
Susan #8

Anne said...

Very late but just saying hello and thank you for your words and friendship. Anne X 25

Mariane said...

WOW.. still amazed of your teddies - I love to see how it is going, Sorry for this late comment.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

Thank you so much for sharing!

Happy WOYWW
Mariane #18
http://art.cordes.re