Wednesday 29 April 2020

WOYWW....

Another week of lockdown has passed and it's been a very busy one for me.  So many of my customers are wanting masks because they are thinking as lockdown ends we are going to be asked to wear them and our Government is struggling to provide sufficient for the NHS so we may be asked to make our own...watch this space as they say.



So my sewing room is a chaos of fabrics and masks in every process of making them.  I've really enjoyed pulling out batches of my fat quarters, pressing them [see pic below!!] and them combining matching/contrasting fabrics to make up the masks.







Yes I have pressed some of my fabrics but the rest have been done by my trusted assistant...we make such a great team.



Im my spare time I was asked for some headbands for one of my customers who is a nurse in our local hospital so of course I ran her 6 up so she has some to share with her friends.
I also made another head band for another of my customers when she dropped her uniform dress in for me to shorten...she had been issued a new dress but it was 12" too long so I shortened it for her...as you do :-)


Whilst making all the masks my reel of elastic was under great demand so I searched the net for some suitable elastic to replace it [it's like looking for hen's teeth!!].  As you can see it's now run out but thankfully I managed to get some more eventually.  I'm sure many of you saw Jan had put a competition on to guess how much thread she had ordered so I thought some of you might like to guess how much elastic I managed to buy...and win yourselves a couple of masks of your choice....please leave your guess in the comments and I will let you know next Wednesday who's was the closest guess. [I can only post to UK addresses sorry].



My last share for this week is the Luna Lapin rabbit I made for our daughter Amy.  It was her 36th birthday on Sunday and I was able to let her have it when she dropped off some shopping for us.

She really loves it so I'm thrilled that I have been able to spread a little more love in our family.

I hope you have enjoyed your visit today and will leave me a little comment to get your name in the draw for the masks...good luck and remember I like to think big ;-)

Hugs,
Annie x

23 comments:

Twiglet said...

What a gorgeous bunny - bet Amy loved her. Keep up the good work with the masks and all your other goodies. Your little nurse friend deserves a few treats! xx Jo

Sarah Brennan said...

You are doing such a great job in your sewing room Annie. I guess 200m of elastic. I keep saying I will get my fat quarters out and have a go for the family but I haven't managed it yet. No wonder your daughter loved her birthday present, it is a very smart Luna rabbit. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

My name is Cindy said...

Gosh you sewers are being kept busy! I really am not sure about the whole mask thing - I was experimenting the other day - as you do - and discovered an immediate consequence of anything over my nose and mouth was steamed up spectacles! Back to the drawing board on that one I think. I reckon you must have ordered 100m of elastic. Glas you managed to find saome more!! Happy WOYWW, stay safe, stay well, Cindy #18

sandra de said...

Where does one start, amazing job on the masks and headbands and Gorgeous Luna Lapin. Plus you are running a completion, still doing sewing jobs and have your assistant working diligently. I am in awe of what you achieve in one week. Stay safe and please put your feet up and have a cuppa. :0
Sandra de @6

sandra de said...

Competition!!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I think it's hilarious that we have matching husband photos this week! Well done Doddy, it really speeds the process up!
Hugs LLJ 11 xx

Karen said...

I love your headbands! Look at all those masks ~ fantastic ~ your trusty side kick is working hard too. You are blessing so many people with your time and talent, it's wonderful to see. I love the latest bunny as well, so sweet! maybe she needs a wee mask too?! -Blessings

Julia Dunnit said...

Ha! barefoot and ironing...bet you never wanted him more! Lovely job with the Luna Latin, no wonder Amy was thrilled. Glad you were able to give it to her on the day.

glitterandglue said...

Hi Annie. Great work... never a dull moment in your house - and I see another trusty servant hard at work. Even had his shoes confiscated, so he can't make a run for it!
I reckon - thinking big, as you suggest - that you have managed to get 1000metres of elastic.
Take care. Stay safe. God bless you both.
Margaret #3

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, great work you're doing there and well done to your helper too. I would think you will have bought at least 300 metres of elastic or why bother Lol! Thank you so much for your kind thoughts, much appreciated. Take care and have a very happy woyww, Angela x15x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Another busy team at work, doing our country proud, I know there has been much shortage of many little odds and ends in our creative stashes that we really take for granted. I'm guessing you've brought in bulk to make sure you have plenty for the foreseeable future.. how's about 1,000 metres !?
Happy belated Birthday to your Daughter, a grand exchange for a shop and drop run. Beautifully designed.
Take care & carry of your fabulous work Hugs Tracey #14 xx

CraftygasheadZo said...

I've loved seeing your makes. The bunny is fab! Fab desk share. Take care Zoe xx 25

Lanniesmum said...

Beautiful Bunny-I’m sure Amy loved her. Well done team Powis on making all those masks-I managed another two today for a friend. I’m looking forward to The Sewing Bee tonight-my favourite is the makeover challenge. Keep safe. Catriona

Bridget Larsen said...

Annie we need more people like you thank you from me all across the world even though none of your stuff will get here. Headbands what a great idea. When you finish with your assistance can we borrow him?

Stay safe
Bridget #5

Helen said...

I was sure I'd left a comment this morning... seems not! Love the rabbit, and also Doddy working hard! I reckon you got 400 m of elastic. that ought to last a while ...Helen #4

Mariane said...

I love to see other kinds of creativity like yours. I do want to be able to do the same, but I guess I am stuck with the paper and pens ;) - I simply LOVE your rabbit!!! - Thank you ever so much for sharing.

Kind regards
Mariane #28

http://art.cordes.re

Sue Jones said...

Wow Annie, well done and how kind. sorry I am a bit late visiting this week . Take care Soojay #24

Lynn Holland said...

Awh you’re doing such great work Annie. Bless you xxx

Caro said...

Love your busy desk and all those gorgeous materials. Luna Lapin is gorgeous. My guess is 250m of elastic! Happy belated WOYWW. Stay safe and take care my friend. With love & God Bless, Caro xx (#29)

Neet said...

Lots of sewing - glad your business is keeping going for you during this isolation. 45 metres is my guess at your elastic purchase.
Love the headbands you made for the nurse, such pretty fabric.
Hugs, Neet 8 xx

Shoshi said...

What a hive of industry in your sewing room, Annie, and I'm glad your daughter liked her rabbit so much. It really does look extremely professional - lovely finish.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #10

Marit said...

I love to see a lot of my woyww-friends have their sewing machine on the desk, making masks... we are blessed that we can make those ourselves and help others with it (although I still think it is 'false trust' when you wear them, keeping your distance is much more effective..) Sorry I'm late with my visit this week... it's already Saturday, wow! Enjoy your weekend! Hug from Holland, Marit #20

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Annie, well, you’ve 22 comments so I will guess 22 yards ....but of course Oz just might be overseas! 😉😆
Lovely desky share sorry I’m late... again... 😁 love all the happy sewing going on, but perhaps would be better if don’t have the need, mm not good really but certainly great helper and love the cheery headbands too... and Luna Lapin, too how beautiful!
Thanks for being a blessing, and may God bless you too, especially in these troubled times, may we look up in faith, not at the mud underneath ! Praying you’re all kept well too!
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x 😊 #22

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}