Friday 9 August 2019

This week's smiles....week 333

Now that's a nice round number 333.  What a lot of smiles we've shared over the years too....keep them coming folks cos it sure makes the world a better place to be.

This week has been full of smiles for me so I've lots to share with you...

Sunday we had a ride out in the motor home to Bala and Biscuit bear posed for me to snap a pic looking out at all the people enjoying fun on the lake....we even saw a couple of dogs body boarding but Milly declined.







Amy's three have been enjoying days out in their camper van ....I love seeing them all playing together and doing just what children should be doing.




Steve has enjoyed a day's football training each week and this week he was asked to join in a special goal keeper's training session because the trainers can see a lot of potential in him....one very proud Nanny Annie here.






The twins and Theo have been away camping on the Welsh coast with their mummies this week....it sounded like they have had lots of fun together....if maybe not quite as much sleep as their mummies were hoping.



For her Dad's retirement Amy and family gave him a voucher to use at a really nice country pub which we enjoyed a meal at on Tuesday lunchtime this week...and the best thing is that it only used half of the voucher so we will be going back there soon to enjoy using the other half.  Thanks Amy and co. xxxx

We both had salmon and monk fish with new potatoes and salad for main then just had to enjoy one of their yummy desserts afterwards [I have to say mine was really yummy but a little too sweet for me so Dod had to finish it off for me...no hardship there].

Finally, last but by no means least was this thank you card I received this week.  It was so lovely to have feedback on a quilt I donated to raise money at our local children's hospice.  It was really nice to think my quilt had, in a small way, helped to raise such a huge amount for such a good cause.

That's all from me for this week.  If you can please link to your own smiles below and I will pop over to see what's been making you smile this week.
Hugs,
Annie x

11 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This really has been a big week for you. The motor home is sure getting a lot of use, and Biscuit looked very pleased.

The grandchildren all look like they had wonderful times this week. Steve may be a national name one of these days, Annie.

Your meal looks wonderful, but I've never heard of monk fish before. I'm off to do an internet search on it.

Finally, congratulations on doing your part for Hope House. I'm sure they were more than honored to raffle your lovely quilt and I bet it brought in a LOT of money, too.

Have a super Friday and a great weekend, too.

Lynn Holland said...

I’ll have to take a snap of the two bears that sit in the front of Philip’s work van. He pulled them from a skip. I often wonder what companies think when this very professional man turns up on site with two scruffy bears in the window of his van.
Well done on helping such a good cause Annie and it’s so nice to see you wee bairns enjoying themselves
Lynn xx

Julia Dunnit said...

I’m late for Wednesday so have the pleasure of double posting! Your grandees are having marvellous holidays so far, love that the mummies thought there would be normal sleep patterns in camping mode. Oh the effort when tired!! Freddie’s quilt is so cute, and how kind and typically generous of you to donate to their fund raising...bet there was a lot of people trying to get your quilt.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie. Looks like your lot have been having fun and that includes Biscuit though there are no signs of Milly so I'm guessing she kept out of the way just in case you expected her to go in the water which Terriers are not well known for enjoying. So pleased the quilt went down well bet everyone wanted it and who knows maybe you'll get some more orders from the ones that didn't win though I think you've got enough work on already. Have a lovely weekend, Angela xXx

Lisca said...

Great to see all those happy children's faces. I'm sure Milly and Biscuit are enjoying the summer too.
It's so good to have a camper van. Did you know they sell a little book with hundreds of addresses around the country where you can camp for free. They are not camping sites. It is illegal to sleep in your camper van in the UK outside a camping (contrary to the continent). But on private land of course you can with permission of the owner. There are many nice country pubs that allow you to park overnight. There is no obligation to go to the pub, but if they do nice meals... I'd rather pay 30 quid for a nice meal than on camping fees.
Your gifted meal looks very yummy. I would have loved that fish meal too.
I'm so glad the raffle raised a lot of money. As an ex- palliative care nurse I know that the hospice is an excellent cause.
Have a good weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

mamapez5 said...

What a lovely post Annie. We had many happy days out at Bala Lake with the boys. I'm glad you enjoyed yours.
The various grandees seem to be having some fun time away together. I think it would be a bit too hot in a tent here right now.
A lovely letter of thanks from Hope House. What a fabulous total it raised.
Now you can enjoy your retirement together. Happy days! Kate x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, another really happy post this week. Alan and visited Bala often when we lived nearer than we do now. It's a lovely spot, though shame on Milly for not trying body boarding! Your photos of your lovely grandchildren on holiday makes me think of my childhood - me and my siblings spent the summer exploring. The photos also remind me of Enid Blyton's Famous Five stories. Congratulations to little Steve - he's doing incredibly well. That celebratory meal looks delicious and so nice that you can do it all over again another time. Well done to you on helping to raise such an impressive amount for the hospice. The letter from Hope House is a lovely thank you too. Have a great week. Hugs, Ellie xx

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Your family pictures are delightful. Our girls are grown women, but one of them is engaged, so hopefully in a couple of years I'll have baby pictures to share. Happy belated WOYWW! #26

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great photos. It looks like everyone had fun, including Biscuit Bear, who is adorable.

Twiglet said...

Such a lovely post Annie - happy days for the children. xx Jo

Catriona said...

Such a lot to smile about this week Annie. Sorry I’m late to the party today.