Wednesday 16 May 2018

As you will all know the 9th WOYWW blog Anniversary will be celebrated next week.  I will be joining in by sending an ATC to the next in the Mr Linky list but Jo and I like to spread the love and send out a few more to anyone who would like to join in a swap.  We have already sorted out all that's on our list below but do have a few spares if anyone else would like to swap so if so please email me on wipso2310@gmail.com and send me your details ASAP.  We do our swap together to save on postage costs so if you are sending to us both feel free to put both our ATCs in one envelope and post them to either of us....we promise to have a coffee together and share them out.

Our list so far is...
  1. Julia [the boss]
  2. Jan [second in command]
  3. Jo [big sister]
  4. Neet Hickson
  5. Shaz Brooks
  6. Sarah Brennan
  7. Angela Radford
  8. Cindy Ashplant
  9. Sylvia Hildman
  10. Christine Brown
  11. Elizabeth Worthington
  12. Nikki Carpenter  
  13. Margaret Wright
  14. Helen Lindfield 
  15. Heather Marshall 
Now onto my desk for this week...

 Meet my new best friend.  You may have seen Jo had bought herself a new sewing machine and shared it last week.  After seeing the demo in the shop and having a play on Jo's I could see it had many functions that would make my job easier so I've taken the plunge and bought one for me too.....and having already put it to good use she has become my new best friend.....you can see I've had a little time to play with it's new stitches too.



My new friend needs a name, she's def a girl cos she thinks of everything I need to do and does it to perfection....answers in the comments please. :-)






Here's the first job I did on my new machine.  It's a little Memory bear using tiny babygros.  Isn't she cute?



Of course my new machine has already had a good workout with shortening trousers etc but it has also made these three more Memory bears mad from a much loved Husband's / Dad's dressing gown......oh what a difference my new machine makes to my teddy making.


This is the other photo I'm sharing today.  On Monday Jo came to join me in the afternoon so she could meet Margaret who called by to pick up the bags, knitted squares and Jo's knitted dollies that we made to go out to Uganda.

It's so lovely that from the little seed Julia planted all those 9 years ago that so many friendships have grown....thanks Julia x



That's all from me for this week so please leave me a little comment so I know you've called by and I will do my best to pop over to yours to see what you've been up to this week.
Hugs,
Annie x
 

13 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Annie, love the new machine; how about Milly, Molly, Mendy for a name? You and Jo have done such fabulous work, getting so many items made for Margaret's fundraising. Have a great week. Sarah #9

Twiglet said...

Ha ha - I think we could have smiled a bit more - we did have a lovely hour or two after all!! xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh my there you go spoiling me with those wonderful memory bears again Annie, i'd love to create one for each of my 3 children using an item of their clothing (maybe one day.)
You will put that marvellous machine to good use and I have to agree she most definitely is Female.. I think she should be called Sophie/Sophia, I believe it means wise and she sure looks like a clever cookie with all those wonderful stitches. Thank you for sharing more WOYWW wonders
Creative Hugs Tracey #5

Lynn Holland said...

Lovely to see you both. Funny enough I’ve cracked a smile over on my blog today haha xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Lovely photo of you two together. Loving the new machine and Sarah's idea for the name. The new bears are lovely too. For once I have all my ATCs ready just got to write out the envelopes and they will be ready to go. I'm off walking with the girls now. Big hugs and happy woyww, Angela x23x

Neet said...

In honour of the Royal wedding and you having bought her so close to the date what about Meg? My initial thought was Molly as I was thinking of a name beginning with M for Memory (as in Bears) but as I set to to write I came to think of Meghan and shortened it to Meg. I am talking about the new sewing machine although it looks as if it does so much more than 'sew'.
Lovely bears on your desk today and a lovely photo of Margaret and Jo although there seems to be a lack of smiles.
Hugs, Neet xx 7

Anne said...

Hello Annie. Your machine looks brilliant - mega in fact! Always love your bears. Lovely photo of Margaret and Jo, and you and Jo on Margaret's page. You are all so very kind.
I've been to GP. I have a urinaty tract infection - that explains why I have felt do unwell :-( Anne x #11

Helen said...

I wouldn't know where to start with such a machine. You and Jo are now in my list to send atcs to. Love your bears. Helen #2

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I think your new machine should be called Mary (as in Poppins), practically perfect in every way and can sort out any situation!! Fab new machine, hope it gives you many years good service. So lovely to see the pics of you, Jo and Margaret - she's such a lovely lady and must have been thrilled with those amazing items you both made for Uganda!
Hugs LLJ 8 xxxx

glitterandglue said...

Hi Annie. Hmm - I'm sure we spent the couple of hours all laughing and smiling... and I know I went home thinking "Corner bath envy"!!! Surely that would have raised a smile on my face??? It was such a good time with you both - and learning the secret of the "much older" was a real treat. Thanks for your hospitality.
I have no inspiration at all for a name for that gorgeous machine, I reckon the best names have gone already. I do like Milly Molly Mendy!
I have just spent a couple of hours with Marian and her hubby Nigel. Beautiful, wet, privilege to stand in the presence of such dignity. They thank you from the bottom of their hearts.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #4

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

My apologies for the late visit. A huge storm knocked out my electricity and internet about the time I began visiting. I finally gave up waiting for it to come back on and went to bed.

Don't you have two or three other sewing machines? Asks the gal who has a machine that sews straight and zig zag and no feed dogs to drop! You are one lucky lady.

I saw you and Jo on Margaret's blog earlier (before the storm). You two truly DO pay it forward. Happy WOYWW from #3.

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, lovely to see you both! What a fab machine, with what you do, all those special functions will indeed be a godsend. Love the Milly, Molly Mendy suggestion so far.Or maybe Winnie (the Pooh) in honour of all the bears it will create? I love the swap every year too, but I'm always last minute with them, lol.Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz XxX #10

Heather M said...

Hi Annie, lovely photo! I'm really looking forward to the ATC swap! It will be like Christmas, so much happy mail! My sewing machine resides at my daughter's house. Last time I used it was 2016 to make curtains and a cushion for my grandaughter's nursery! May be time to invest in a new one for me ... but would I use it... hmm! Have a lovely crafty week, Heather x #12