Wednesday 21 March 2018

WOYWW.....

I'm back working this week....I had a few days off last week with my hubby and enjoyed lots of quality time which included a full day with little Theo on Friday so his mummy could work [his other Nanny and Grandad usually have him on a Friday but they were both poorly]....treasured times for us while they got better.

I have had an exciting week because I posted my two finished quilts to the lady who commissioned me to make them and I then waited patiently for them to be given to her gorgeous little granddaughters.  Everyone was really thrilled with with them both and I can now share them with you...


I'm so chuffed with them both and have already been sent two gorgeous photos of Emmi and baby Phoebe with their quilts.
I've really enjoyed my quilt making and have now been asked to make some mini quilt / baby comforters so thought I'd share them with you...


I've decided to make two different sized mini quilts and plan to personalise them if wanted by appliqueing the appropriate initial letter in one of the squares.

What do you think of them?

That's all from me for today....I have another wedding dress to alter today so I will be visiting my blogging friends in between sewing jobs.
Hugs,
Annie x

16 comments:

Helen said...

oh, stunning quilts, Annie . I love them! Helen #1

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Annie, love both the quilts and the mini comforters, what a great idea! Your daffodils at the top of the blog made me smile; we need a little brightness with the recent weather. Glad you enjoyed your days off. Sarah #12

Neet said...

What do i think? I think the mini comforters are gorgeous and I just love love love the quilts for the two girls. Beautiful work as always.
Hugs, Neet 2 xx

Catriona said...

Love the quilts as you know. I think the wee quilties are a great idea especially as you have made them so tactile. Happy sewing.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Just gorgeous...simple as! Those little mini quilts are so sweet and I still adore that blanket stitch. I haven't been at my machine this week so haven't played to see if I can replicate it. Hope you and that hubby are keeping well!
Hugs LLJ 11 xxx

glitterandglue said...

Morning Annie. just lovely! Well done. So glad the families liked those quilts - and the little weeny ones are so cute!!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #4

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Days off Annie! what's going on Lol! Hope you had a nice time. Loving your new quilts. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela xXx

Elizabeth said...

Oh Annie, the finished quilts are gorgeous - something for the twins to treasure forever. The little mini quilts are such a good idea ... children just having something to cuddle. Glad to hear you had a 'restful' week's holiday with your hubby and how fortunate that you were able to step into the breach when Theo's other grandparents were ill. Have a wonderful week. Hugs, Elizabeth x #28

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Lovely quilts and so nice to have that personal touch. I imagine they will be well loved for many years to come.

Fiona #36

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, lovely pieces, I'm not surprised they were so pleased!. Love the mini quilts too- and on a totally different note- Pot Trivets/pot holders! they'd look so sunny hanging in the kitchen. :) Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #5 XxX

lisa said...

Gorgeous quilts Annie. I love the names in the middle. These will be treasured for ever. The comforters are a great idea too. I've recently bought some fabric to have a go at a quilt. Seeing these makes me want to get started now.
Thanks for your visit earlier
Hugs Lisax #22

Twiglet said...

You are a clever little sis! I love all this quilty gorgeousness.xx

craftyani said...

Love the comforters my son would have loved one of those, he always had to have a hanking (handkerchief). Ani #9

Julia Dunnit said...

Pretty sure that Phoebe and Emmi can feel your love and enthsiasm in every stitch. If only they could hear that irreprisble chuckle too! X

buterfliecrafter said...

Those quilts are so super duper cute, great work, happy woyww#7

okienurse said...

Beautiful quilts and mini quilts! You always do such an awesome job. Have a great week! Vickie #6