Friday 16 March 2018

This week's smiles ......week 263

Another week....more smiles.  I can always find something to share each week that has made me smile.....I'm so lucky.  I have changed my header photo to share our gorgeous little tete-a-tete daffodils....Spring is on it's way and that always makes me smile. [Even though there is the promise of more snow this week yet!].

This week our 5 school aged grandchildren had a day at school celebrating world book day....It was delayed because of the snow.  They are all lovers of reading and a new book is always a treat ...



Amy's three went dressed up as The naughtiest school girl, Dennis the menace and Matilda.




Lexi went as one of her My Little Pony characters and Sam went as Cat in the Hat.

They all really enjoyed their day and were pleased to use the school vouchers for their free books.....brilliant idea.



Both my hubby and I have had this week off work and have enjoyed our time together and today we have this gorgeous little man coming for the day while his mummy works because his other Grandparents, who usually have him on a Friday, are both poorly.  I'm sorry they are poorly and really hope they are better very soon but we will enjoy our little visitor today.

I hope you will leave me a little comment to let me know you've called by and will then link up to your own smiles below.
Have a great week filled with smiles and thanks for joining in the fun.
Hugs,
Annie x

8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm having keyboard problems. I'll leave a proper comment when it starts working again.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, great to see the kids having a good time. Can't stay long today as we're off for breakfast and then skiing. Have a great day. Angela xXx

Gill Edwards said...

Hi Annie,

Sam looks fabulous as the Cat in the Hat doesn't he? I still love that book, its the first book i can recall picking up in the library when i was small, back in the dark ages!

Your daffodils are gorgeous, i hope they don't get covered in too much snow this weekend.

take care and have a good week

Gill X

Lisca said...

The children look great in their fancy dress costumes. I bet you had some input in that (sewing I mean). As I don't live near my grandchildren I don't know any of the books (although of course I have heard of them).
Strangely enough I do regularly read books for older children, the so-called YA stuff. It's usually less explicit and less gory.
Hope you have a lovely day with little Theo. I bet you will be absolutely knackered by the end of the day.
Have a great weekend,
Lisca

Twiglet said...

Fab outfits - they all look the part and I bet they had a fun day. xx

mamapez5 said...

You header is beautiful. My tete a tete have already gone, but they were so nice while they lasted.
The children's outfits were fabulous. I like Sam's choice. Cat in a Hat was a favourite with my boys, especially when they started reading it for themselves.
I am sorry Theo's other grandparents are poorly, but I am sure you are more than happy to breach the gap.! Kate x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I really wish we did something similar in the U.S. I fear we are now a nation of non-readers who prefer cell phones and electronic games to actual reading. I am really PROUD of those five wonderful children for their choices and for reading, too.

Of course, Theo looks pretty much ready to wear you out today. Hope it was a good one. BTW, you have NO idea how long it took to write this comment, mostly by copying and pasting one letter at a time. Have a super weekend, dear.

Lynn Holland said...

It’s so lovely to see pictures of your not so little clan and heartwarming to know they like books. Let’s hope they carry on enjoying reading.
Love to all and little Milly of course xxx