Friday 2 June 2017

This week's smiles...week 223

Hello all.  Another week has passed and I'm really pleased to say my aches and pains have lessened so I'm smiling even more now.  Many thanks to those who joined in the fun last week....I'm sure it does us all good to spend a little time focusing on what's made us smile each week and if you can share it with others the smiles spread so let's keep up the good work.

My smiles this week focus on what's to come.....hopefully :-)


This is our strawberry bed, just outside our kitchen door and this year the plants are very heavily fruited.....


I have even noticed this morning that one of the first is starting to change colour so I'm keeping everything crossed because apparently we are not the only ones who like strawberries.  I've noticed several pics on Pinterest that made me chuckle....


I don't think we will loose too many like this but we do have a little four legged, furry friend who likes to sit on the lawn above the strawberry bed pulling the leaves off.....and the odd strawberry!  And of course we do have 6 little grandchildren this year so it might be a good thing that we have lots growing.

I hope you have enjoyed my smiles for today and will leave me a little comment to say you've called in before leaving your own link if you can.  Have a great week full of smiles my friends.
Hugs,
Annie x

5 comments:

Twiglet said...

Ha ha - love the little strawberry lovers. x Jo

Neet said...

Love those little pics you have put in to make us smile - and the strawberries. What a fantastic crop!
Have a good week.
Hugs, Neet xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, I'm here at last. Not got my car back yet so a bit late getting back from the Gym. Love your strawberry pics. We have some that are starting to colour up it's obviously the nice weather we've had. I only realised though today that I hadn't put any straw round them (too much crafting stuff going on that made me forget Lol!) Might have to try and put some under the plants as the slugs like them too but don't like the straw. Have a great weekend, Angela xXx

Lisca said...

Ooo! Strawberries! Lovely. A bit more sun and you will all be eating them. Yummy!
You had me smiling with the animal pics. So cute.
I'm not blogging today. I have only arrived in Holland last night an I'm not so good in blogging on y tablet. Besides, there are no photos on my tablet. Sorry.
Until next week!
Hugs,
Lisca

mamapez5 said...

I used to love picking the fruit from my garden, but I was better at raspberries than strawberries. I hope you get enough sun to make them ripe and sweet, and I hope you get to enjoy some of them yourselves! love the little strawberry thieves! Kate.xx