Wednesday 5 October 2016

WOYWW...

Phew....I've blinked and turned round and here we are at another Wednesday drop in when we all travel the world through the blogs to see what our blogging friends have been busy creating in the week....whether it be paper crafting, painting or fabric crafting they are guaranteed never to be boring and you never know just what tips you might pick up on the way so why not pop over to Julia's for more details and link up to join in the fun.

It's a picture heavy post from me today cos there's been lots going on as always but I will be as brief as I can...




 I was in need of new supplies so here are a couple of the things that have arrived this week to make me smile....
Two boxes of new threads and...




Three packs of Christmas fat quarters.  Plus I had two huge bags of new stuffing to fill my memory bears with.


After seeing the lovely Christmas coasters on Jan's [LLJ] last week I was inspired to make a few with some of my new fabrics.



I've made a few Christmas minions to go on Christmas trees....they are just waiting for hanging loops now.



Here's my latest Memory bear made out of a little girls first babygros....I'm rather pleased with how she's turned out.

I have 4 more Memory bears to make  at the end of this week out of a very special Great grandad's shirts to give to his 4 great grandchildren to keep in his memory....the idea is proving very popular.



This is my latest idea that I'm plotting and planning with.....Naked bear!

Some events that folk want to remember don't have items of clothing sufficient to make a whole bear with so I'm thinking of offering a naked bear that I can dress for them in clothing using the treasured items......




.....possibly a Christmas party dress or.....




....a pair of dungarees?  I am still tweaking the pattern to get them right but what do you think of the idea?

I'm open to suggestions so please tell me what you think [as long as it's not too rude of course :-) ].

There you go I did tell you I'd been busy....and that's just what I've been doing between my customers sewing!
Please leave me a little message and I will do my best to pay you a return visit when I can.  Have a great week.
Hugs,
Annie x

20 comments:

sandra de said...

Hi Annie, love the memory bears and your ideas are always fabulous. But I am sure there is someone in woyww who will have amazing suggestions. The latest little grandee is gorgeous.... congratulations to all.
sandra de @12

Helen said...

the memory bears are such a good idea, I love seeing all of them. Your Christmas crafting is also coming on a-pace, keep it up! Helen #2

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well, I wasn't expecting to see naked things brazenly displayed on your desk this morning....pass the smelling salts!! :-D. Actually i really like the idea of the neutral bear with the memory cloth being used for the clothing, funnily enough, I think it highlights the fabric more, which is odd given that there's less of it. (If you know what i mean!). Your coasters are lovely, I like the Christmas fabric you've used, but my favourites are the Christmas Minions, they made me laugh!!
Hugs, LLJ 10 xxxx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, I'm so not surprised the Memory Bears are doing well, it's such a lovely idea. And I love how you've come up with a second version for when less clothing is available.Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #4 xxx

lilian said...

Hello Annie,

Loving the memory bears, what a lovely idea,

Happy WOYWDW

Lilian B #15

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Thanks for visiting...played catchup peeping about your past posts. You accomplish so much in a weeks time. Lots of fun ornaments. Your Friday smiles really do make me smile. Enjoy

Neet said...

Love all that you have done but the naked bears are fabulous. They are a brilliant idea. I can see one with a mob cap on and matching dress, pantaloons for another, tweed waistcoat for another and maybe a flat cap. Oh Annie, if only I could sew I would love to make things like this.
Lots of love
Neet 6 xx

Christine said...

Lovely parcels!!
So pleased your memory bears are proving popular, they deserve to be so.
Take care
Christine
Bishopsmate #18

BJ said...

Adorable bears and Jan has certainly inspired you to more sewing creativeness I see. BJ#37

CraftyHope said...

Yes, the memory bear idea is great. And, I do think the idea of a naked bear is a good one. All kinds of mementos could be added to the bears - pins, jewelry, patches, etc. on the clothing that you do put on them. Just an idea. . .I like where you're going with it. And those minions with the santa hats. OMG. Too cute!!
Hope #36

Belinda Basson said...

Love the minion tree decorations. As for the bears,dressed or naked... they are just so cute. #41

okienurse said...

WOW what a busy week! I love all your projects but my eyes keep going back to the bears also. I don't have any suggestions and wouldn't be rude if I did but I keep going back to the dungarees bear and wonder if his bits are a bit tight in there? Oh no bits…okay! Thanks for stopping by my desk earlier today. Vickie #1

craftyani said...

Love your bears especially the one in the dungarees, you have been super productive this week puts me to shame. Keep up the good work. Hugs Ann

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love seeing all that Christmassy fabric and the Christmas Minions!! Love the babygro bear and the bare bear (that somehow doesn't sound right!) What brilliant idea! Hugs, Chrisx 28

Twiglet said...

So many lovely makes to share this week Annie - I am afraid the birthday girl ran out of time for blogging! Too much baby nursing!! He is gorgeous!!!!!

Julia Dunnit said...

Blimey, full frontal nudity on WOYWW! It had to happen! It had to be you! I rather suspect you could easily devote a whole day a week to memory bears already; the idea of a naked bear is great..when I think of some of the scraps I've kept....including my first embroidery on binca..., yep you will end up making bikinis at that rate!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

The memory bears are brilliant Annie, such a great idea and they look gorgeous. Thanks for the visit to mine, have a lovely woyww and a happy crafty week, Angela x 14

Elizabeth said...

Oh Annie, you always make me feel a slowcoach. It would take me weeks to sew as many items as you make in a week, and that's not including the work you do for customers! The memory bears are wonderful and the naked ones are such a good idea. Even the smallest piece of fabric could be put to good use, e.g. making a bow tie, a scarf, trimming other items of clothing, etc. I can see you selling so many you'll have no time for anything else :) Have a great week. Hugs, Ellie, x #45

Sharon said...

Beautiful minion ornaments! I love them. The bears got me thinking about my MIL who made us all bears one year. They all had themed clothes - for example Hubby's was a hunting bear. Mine had outfits for every season.

Thanks for bringing back the memories!
Happy WOYWW
Sharon K #46

Dorlene Durham said...

I love those memory bears even naked bear. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing. These are wonderful. Dorlene #42