Friday 15 May 2015

This week's smiles....week 119

Hi folks.  Here we are at another Friday when I share my smiles and hope to have as many of you joining in by linking up your smiles for the week.  There hasn't been so very many of you lately but I really do appreciate the efforts of those that the time to share......it really does make the world a happier place because 'Smile and the world smiles with you'.

Even though there was only four of you sharing your smiles I really felt the need to feature Kate's post from last week.  She usually writes a beautiful post sharing her life in Spain but her post from last week she also included a little about her four five [sorry Kate....a senior moment....I know you've got five :-) ]gorgeous sons....all so very different and all so very talented.  I only have to one son [and two gorgeous daughters too of course], who I am very proud of and I know the special love between a son and his mum so I really appreciated Kate's post.  It is so very full of pride and that very special love.....thanks for sharing Kate.

My smiles this week have been plenty as always....apart from being diagnosed as having asthma :-(
It is taking me a little while getting used to my inhalers and I still have to see an asthma nurse on Monday but I'm sure it will sort itself out soon.  

So, my smiles for today....



My baking session with my twinnie munchkins on Wednesday....there really is nothing quite dipping your fingers into the empty bowl is there?



And here's the results....for all those Minion lovers out there.  :-)



We then had a crafty session.  How cute are these puppets and the little peggy caterpillars?

I moved my bird window feeder closer to me to discourage all the cheeky little sparrows from eating all the meal worms and look what decided to sit on my window sill literally arms length from where I was sitting.  This was mummy blackbird but she also brought one of her babies to feed there too :-)



It's obvious from all my bird feeders that I have a real love of bird watching but I thought you might like to share the pic I took of the lesser spotted lumberjack in the tree in front of our bungalow......a pretty rare bird I'm sure but a rather noisy one :-) :-) :-)


There you go folks....are you smiling now?  Now please snap a pic or two of your smiles and link them below and let's make the world a happier place.

Hugs,
Annie x

8 comments:

Hettie said...

I hope you saved one of those cakes for me?
Nice to see the birdies.
Sorry to hear you have asthma. Hope it gets sorted pretty soon.
Hugs as always.
Hettie
xxx

Twiglet said...

Great pics - we all love our birds don't we! x Jo

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Ah, the lesser Spotted Lumberjack....famous for its call of 'Timberrrrraaaaarrrggghhh'
Very rare indeed..........:-)
Hugs, LLJ xxx

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Annie - licking the bowl...always fun even for big people...cute cupcakes and so much fun there with the puppets and pegs. I too love the birds and am always taking pics...do love that window feeder though haven't seen them before...can't wait to get back to our house and set up some feeders too. Fabs photos and hope you get the asthma sorted, hugs Robyn

Elizabeth said...

Definitely smiling now, Annie :) Love the lesser spotted lumberjack and how lovely to have a blackbird visit you too. We have a pair that have taken a liking to the berries that are still on the cotoneaster. I get to see them and hear them as they tweet their sweet song.

I used to love to lick the bowl when I was a wee girl but my mother told me that it would give me worms eating raw cake mix ... those old wives tales :) The children's handicrafts are fantastic - love the peg caterpillars :)

Hope you get your asthma medication sorted out soon. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

Laura said...

Even now at nearly 30 I love to lick the mixing spoon :)
I love that you can get so close to the blackbird. I had a window feeder but the cheeky little things wouldn't come any where near it!
Hope the asthma is under control x

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Annie,

Adorable little munchkins, as usual. The cupcakes (?) look fun but I don't know about the minions..... great crafty session too.

I had scheduled my post to go live at 3:00 a.m. but it didn't. Then forgot to link up until I was at lunch... and when I did the first time it went to my last post - for some reason my scheduled post didn't go live. Baaa.

Hugs,
Kay

PS I love bird watching too!

mamapez5 said...

Hi Annie. Thanks for highlighting my post from last week. (I have five boys btw, not four. I´m a glutton for punishment!).
Cooking with the little ones is always fun, as is crafting with them.
I love all the birds, but I could never have the feeders like yours because I have always had several cats. It doesn´t seem fair to encourage the birds with food, only for their babies to be taken by my cats! Hugs Kate x