Happy Wednesday everyone. February?????? What happened to January? Where is the year going? Life really does go quicker as you get older doesn't it? Come on girls we just have to fill each day with something special.
So what have I crammed into my week this week?
- Shopping for fabric in Hereford on Saturday....more about that later.
- Family time on Sunday....see previous post
- Fun time on Monday.....a must in my week :-) But this week started off cutting those dreaded curtains that we couldn't do last week....the customer decided to have each curtain just 1 1/2 widths of fabric wide instead of two so this made them possible....still not a great job because the pattern hadn't been printed straight on the fabric....and this is pretty important when you have to cut one length down the middle and match it!
- More fab family time on Monday afternoon when M called in for a visit with the twinnies so Jo and T could see them :-)
- I've finished the latest batch of little African dresses you saw on last week's post
Here they are hanging on my rail. This brings my number up to 98...wahoo only two more to go til I reach 100 :-)
- Bread making pretty much every other day....I refuse to buy bread rolls now :-)
- Baked a quiche, some sausage rolls and a chocolate cake....sorry I can't offer you a slice cos it's all gone :-)
- Knitting....my latest is a little waistcoat for baby Sam in a gorgeous green Crofter wool so it will look like fairisle....will show it off when I've finished it.
- Doll making....I've got to replace the ones my gorgeous Granddaughters fell in love with on Sunday and insisted they were far too special to be left here with Nanny Annie plus I'm working on a new little Mr Tumble lookie likey doll
- I guess there must have been a bit of cooking and cleaning done too :-)
So on my desk today is...
- A cut out 'have a first go' at making a little Mr Tumble lookie likey doll
- my pins and of course two pairs of scissors :-)
- 4 new pieces of fabric that I bought at Doughty's in Hereford on Saturday...the one with little dogs on has already been made into a 'V' cushion cover for the twins to have at home.
- And as you can see they approve :-)
Now I have a request for all my wonderful blogging friends out there in the world......I am looking for some bright blue cotton material with little yellow stars all over and some bright yellow material with thin blue stripes and I'm really struggling to find either. Doughty's had more material than a girl could imagine but the only stripe anything like was what you can see on my table and it's not perfect cos it also has red, green and white stripes too [ I'm such a fussy pants as you will all know by now :-) ]. I only need a metre or two of each of them but I have searched the web and so far not been lucky. Do any of you know of a stockist that has either of them? Pleaseeeeeeeee
The only other pic I am including today is this one...
One of my daffodils my hubby bought me on Friday to brighten up your day as much as they did mine :-)
He's such a darling :-)
Hope you all have a great week and leave me a little 'hello' comment before popping over to Julia's blog to join in the WOYWW fun.