I have so much to celebrate....
- My first born child was 28 on Saturday. You will know her as M, Michelle or Shell, and a beautiful new mum of two gorgeous babies. She has had 12 months of extreme highs and lows as you know but has thankfully survived and has sooooo much to celebrate.
Here you can see her with her gorgeous 'husband to be' on Friday night with another wonderful birthday cake made by my very talented son and his girlfriend. They get married in July so we have lots of exciting planning going on between now and then.
- I have now posted over 500 posts here on my blog and would like to thank all that have encouraged and supported me.
- I reached 200 followers over the Christmas break but life got in the way and I was unable to celebrate it.
- I have just been asked to make another Mr Tumble doll. You will be able to watch him develop here over the next couple of weeks.
- We are having a sale over in our blog shop so do pop over here to grab a bargain.
- I have made 91 little dresses for the 'Dress a Girl' charity and would like to thank all that have donated the fabric to make this possible. I mention this because it is an ongoing challenge for Jo and I and this Saturday was spent cutting out more dresses.....which leads me to the competition.
Jo and I had taken a short break from making the little dresses for the charity we support over the last few weeks because Christmas, New Year, hospital admissions and life just generally got in the way and alas there are still only 24 hours in every day. We had been kindly given very many sheets, quilt covers and gorgeous pieces of material by so many people that I was struggling to store the huge mountain that they made. This Saturday our men left us for the day and travelled north to watch their footy team play in the cup [alas they lost 1-0] so we were foot loose and fancy free for a whole 12 hours!
So? What do two sewing sisters do for 12 hours?....
Answer .....we cut out dresses :-) :-) :-) :-)
Here you can see all the little dresses that we managed to cut out. What I am asking you to do is to guess how many we managed to bag up. We have cut out the dresses plus bias strips and pockets and trims for each dress and bagged them up ready for sewing. Do note that there is more than one dress kit in each bag.
Rules to enter the competition
- Guess how many dress packs we cut out on Saturday and leave your guess in a comment below
- Be a follower of here and in our blog shop and you can have another guess
- Pop a link to our blog shop on your blog and you can have a third guess
I will be having a count up and will post the answer with the name of the winner next Monday.
.....and I'm not telling you what you will win yet.....cos I haven't decided :-)
I do hope you will join in the fun and help me celebrate.