Wednesday, 19 August 2026

WOYWW....

 It's been a different kind of week this week for me.

On Friday I met up with two school friends for coffee, one I've known for 64 years and the other 58 years [seems like a life time :-) ].  It was so lovely catching up....they really haven't changed a bit apart from, like me, getting older and as I always say only the lucky ones get there.


I wanted to take then each a little home made gift so I made them both a covered book.  I used applique, free machining, and machine embroidery and was pleased how they turned out.

They both loved them too.




On Monday we went to an Aunty's funeral.  She had had a long life, dying at 96 so it was more a celebration of her life really and it was really lovely catching up with our cousins.  It's always sad that these events seem to be the only time we get to see some of them.


The only other thing I have to share with you is what arrived through the post box on Monday.  I like to keep my fat quarter box well filled and it was looking rather depleted so I messaged Denise Newman from Cabin Crafts and asked her to put me a parcel together of various coloured ditzy printed fabrics...and she never disappoints.
I like to let her decide on the colours because I wouldnt choose some of them and it pushes me out of my comfort zone....aren't they pretty?

That's all from me for this week.  I hope you are all enjoying the cooler temps...I know I am.
Hugs,
Annie x


2 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

How lovely to catch up with long time friends, I bet they loved those books, so pretty! And that must have been a good funeral celebrating your aunt’s life, a good age well lived. Those fabrics are very pretty, she did you a good mixed range there, you’ll enjoy working with those!
Hugs LLJ 2 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

It's lovely to catch up with old friends and the fabric book covers are beautiful who wouldn't love one of those, you clever lady. I'm with you, funerals do seem to be the only time people get together which is a great shame but 96 is a good age. Seems like ages since we all got together. Look forward to seeing how you use the new fabrics. Happy woyww, hugs Angela x7x