Wednesday 12 June 2024

WOYWW....

 What a week that was!!!  I not only cleared all the sewing I shared with you last week but I cleared all that was waiting on my to do rail and had another prom dress to shorten [this time there was 6 layers and one of them was 14 metres long!!] and I had to take it up on a shoulders [and they were heavily beaded so a tricky job!!].   I have also had a bridesmaid's dress that I had to shorten and take in and a pair of trousers that I had to shorten....life here is never boring :-)




 


I also made this little school Memory bear....this is the second one I've made for the end of this school year.  I do expect more orders before the end of term and they will probably arrive at once lol.



In between my sewing jobs I am making lots of bunting flags for the 10th year celebrations for the Harry Johnson Trust.  It's 10years since little Harry died and there will be several celebrations including one in a very large marquee that they want bunting for.....lots of it.  I have already cut out and made over 100 flags so will see how much bunting that makes. :-)




Thanks for calling by.  If you leave me a little message so I know you've called in I will do my best to pop over to yours to see what you've been up to.

Hugs,

Annie x

12 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

ALways busy Annie yet still you make time to make for charity. I commend you - and a good cause too. Stay safe and thanks for joining in with WOYWW. Sarah

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wow, Annie you're extremely busy, I love that school memory bear well done on fulfilling all those orders!
Thanks for sharing, and may God bless you and keep you and all whom you love safe and well for 2024!
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Lynnecrafts said...

You’re amazing, Annie, so much to do and the charity must love you. Your memory bear looks lovely. I saw people struggling with sewing fabrics with beads last night on Sewing Bee. Very tricky. Endless skirts, too!
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 12 xx

Neet said...

You work so tirelessly for your favourite charity - 100 flags is going some and a bit more.
I was just mentally seeing you at your sewing machine with the needle flying and smoke coming out as you were going so fast. Bet you come close to that at times.
Hope you get some rest time - Hugs, Neet 4 xx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

O my you have been busy and your little bear is so lovely too! happy woyww! Michelle #14

Helen said...

Amazing that it's so long since he passed away. Great fundraising and sewing ! Happy woyww Helen #3

Lisa-Jane said...

Wonderful yellows in that bunting - I'm sure the marquee will look summery and bright with all of that! Have a great week, Lisa-Jane #10, www.prettymypage.co.uk

Twiglet said...

That's a fair metreage of bunting there girl! Gorgeous fresh colours x x Jo

Lindart said...

You have been busy! Those school memory bears are a wonderful idea! I love bunting, something we don't see a lot of here. Looking forward to seeing it all finished! Have a wonderful week, Lindart #16

Crafting With Jack said...

You are such a busy lady and give so much of yourself for good causes. Happy WOYWW. Angela #13

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, I've been a bit up and down today as they were cremating mum this morning. I know in my own mind that it was her time to leave us and she was ready to go but she's been her for a long time and it feels strange to think I wont see her again. Looks like you've been busy again! Nice teddy. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x11x

BJ said...

Love the bunting. Hugs BJ#1