Wednesday 5 June 2024

WOYWW....

 It's been a busy week of posh frocks this week for me here at Sewing by Annie's .....




These are the 4 pretty cornflower blue bridesmaids dresses that I have altered [now all finished]....
  • they all needed shortening [3 layers each!]
  • One needed the bodice taking in to make it fit.
  • one needed the strap stitching in place
  • one needed the 3 buttons sewing on
  • one needed the bodice lifting at the back






This black prom dress needed 2 layers shortening [now done]....including the tricky frill shortening to fit on the front.





This is a really pretty pale blue prom dress that I have to shorten today....all 5 layers!!.  I also have to take it up on the shoulders.


My rail is also full with other sewing jobs and I have another prom dress coming this afternoon and a pair of jeans to alter....I think it's going to be a busy day ;-)

If you leave me a message so I know you've called in here I will do my best to call by at yours to see what you've been up to this week as soon as I get a chance.

Hugs,
Annie x


10 comments:

Helen said...

Doesn't sound like you'll have much time for desk hopping till later! the dresses are all very pretty. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Twiglet said...

Gorgeous frocks but what a lot of work for you! Hope you find a bit of you time too. x x Jo

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Such lovely dresses, you must have the patience of a saint to do all those layers! Hope you have some crafting time as well.
Take care and lots of love,
Hugs LLJ 3 xx

Lynnecrafts said...

Beautiful dresses, I do wish I lived closer Annie, you are so beautifully.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 8 xx

Lisa-Jane said...

Goodness you are having a busy time! I bet the girls are in raptures when they try their dresses on after you've made them fit perfectly. I have that excitement (expense...) to come this time next year! Have a great week, Lisa-Jane #13 www.prettymypage.co.uk

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh wow Annie! so much going on but not surprised as it's that time of the year. That last prom dress is gorgeous. I used to organise the Prom evenings when I was head of year and the change in the evening wear over a few years was amazing to see. Happy woyww, Angela x12x

Neet said...

What a busy week you are having, and nothing that is quick and easy by the look of it. It must be rewarding to you when you see the light shining in the eyes of the wearers when they come to try on after alteration.
Take care, Hugs, Neet 4 xx

Crafting With Jack said...

Lovely dresses. But all those layers! Now I thought you had retired 🧐. Happy WOYWW. Angela #16

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

hi Annie, Beautiful dresses, you've certainly been very busy Happy woyww Michelle #14

BJ said...

WOW all those gorgeous dresses love the blues. Hugs BJ#7