Wednesday 16 August 2023

WOYWW....

 Hi all.  It's been another quiet week here with customers so I have been tackling some stash busting...


Just like Angela's exploding box, only mine was overflowing with fabric scraps.

It was full of scraps that were too small to really do a lot with and I've just dipped into it for little projects so I felt it was time to do something with it all and have been saying for a long time that I fancied making a strip quily like Jan's....the box is now empty :-)



So, one day last week I got every piece out, ironed it and then sat in front of the telly and cut every piece into strips of varying width and length....and what a huge pile it all made!!


I got myself organised with the ironing board alongside of me and, having already cut squares of sheeting/curtain linings ready I stitched the strips on and could then press each strip before attaching the next.


I've varied every square with random colours, spotty, floral, brights and pastels and have now finished the 20 squares [10"x10" so plenty for the first quilt] and am already woring on the next batch.

I'm really loving making these squares, its reducing my scraps and will then raise funds for charity.







I handed on the next batch of completed items on to Sally [Harry Johnson's mum] this week and was rather blown away when she said the last lot that she had taken to Vron Gate Show made just short of £500.  It's Minsterley show this week so hopefully they will do the same this weekend.  I'm so chuffed that the donated fabric is raising such a lot for a great cause.
Please leave me a little message so I know you've called in and I will pop over to yours ASAP.
Hugs,
Annie x


14 comments:

Helen said...

Glad that your efforts for fund raising are so successful! Well done. love the new quilt you're working on. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Twiglet said...

It's the magic porridge pot again Annie. A little bit of fabric a little bit of love and a lot of fun! Great work. x x Jo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That quilt really IS a stash buster. Glad you found a use for those leftovers. And I was so happy to read your efforts contributed that much to your charity. Happy WOYWW from # 6.

Tracy said...

Hello Annie 🤗 I'm so sorry it's been so long since I stopped by. How happy I am I pressed the publish button over on my blog this morning ... to see your bounty of scraps turned so quickly into something so beautiful 😍 such gorgeous patterns and filled with beautiful colour 💖 you're a marvel and a star ⭐️ Congratulations on the fundraising though I'm not surprised, your work is gorgeous Annie ⭐️ Sending lots of love and hugs your way Tracy #14 xxx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Love these pics! Your squares are looking fantastic, it really is amazing how you can chuck pretty much any fabric together and the square just works. I like your sewing set up too, I have to get up between using my machine and ironing board, it’s all good exercise! Well done on the total for the charity too, it’s so satisfying knowing your hobby can help so much.
Hugs LLJ 1 xx

My name is Cindy said...

Oh wow what a fantastic fundraising amount! Well done you and the new quilt looks great - it's also really satisfying to use all those scraps isn't it? I'll definitely give Lionel a cuddle from you - any excuse for an extra squeeze! Happy WOYWW, have a great week, love n hugs Cindyxx #9

Glenda said...

So glad you are involved in this fundraising! I love your square and think it would make a lovely quilt!
Glenda #18

Neet said...

Well done on your achievements for the fund. You and Jan are so good with what you do for charity.
Great idea with the strips - a quilt like Jan's is a good idea.
Hugs, Neet 3 xx

Sarah Brennan said...

What fabulous fund raising Annie. Loving the look of that quilt. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #16

Lynnecrafts said...

Well done for your fundraising, Annie. Your quilt is looking great and your production line of squares sounds very organised.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 10 x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, I'm late today as we've been to the fish farm this morning. I am loving the patchwork, great use for the fabric bits. I'm sure the box will fill up again soon. Well done with the donations raised too, bet that made you smile. Sending you hugs and wishes for a happy and creative woyww, Angela x15x

BJ said...

Super duper to see you ensconced between your sewing machine and ironing board, what a lovely quilt (Jan style). Hugs BJ#5

pearshapedcrafting said...

Thats the way to do it - I spent a long time before getting round to the dreaded sorting of scraps (paper in my case) I felt so much better once I'd done it! How great to know that the charity is benefitting. Hugs, Chrisx #21

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, wow this is beautiful!
As you use pounds and live in Shrewsbury I reckon that is Great Britain.
I really wonder why you make quilts and it´s like totally unpopular here! You are "just around the corner".
Wonderful you could help and raise money.
I do own a Singer (a pressie from Hubby) - but he does all the complicated sewing, I sadly have no talent...