Wednesday 7 June 2023

WOYWW.....

 Hello all.  I hope you've had a good week.  

We had another long weekend away on a beautiful campsite near Buxton in Staffordshire.  Last Thursday night I started with vertigo and all night the room was spinning...it eventually went by Monday morning just in time for us to come home!!! but I didn't let it spoil the weekend....I just took my walking stick with me to steady me a little when walking.

I had cleared my sewing rail before going away so yesterday I spent my day making a Fidgety quilt...they are for use for people with Altzeimers which is something close to my heart as we have just lost a much loved family member who suffered many years with the awful disease.



Each square has an activity on that can be fiddled with and I'm really hoping it will help with the agitation that they often suffer with.




The other thing I'm sharing today is this lovely post that was put on the page of the charity I support, The Harry Johnson Trust.

I had really enjoyed using the fabric I had been given to fill a box with goodies to sell at local shows and was thrilled to bits to hand over the £170 that I had already raised by selling items prior to handing the box over.....every little helps.




That's it from me for today.  I will do my best to pop over to yours to see what you've been up to this week in between making the Memory bears that are due to arrive this morning.

Hugs,

Annie xxx

11 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Sorry to hear about the vertigo Annie. Glad you didn't let it spoil the weekend. what wonderful fund raising efforts - well deserving of the online thank you. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

Helen said...

I am sorry you had a bout of vertigo when you were away but glad you kept going! Well done on the fund raising. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Twiglet said...

That fidget mat is fab Annie - never a wasted moment at your place! x x Jo

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I well understand how vertigo affects you, it’s really unsettling so well done for carrying on with your stick. That’s why I use the walking poles, I don’t always need them but they don’t half help when necessary. Glad you had a good weekend away! Well done for raising money for the Harry Hohnson Trust too xx
Hugs LLJ 5 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, sorry to hear you've not been feeling too good. I am a bit confused though as I thought Buxton was in Derbyshire unless they've moved it. Wishing you a very happy woyww. Hugs, Angela x11x

Crafting With Jack said...

Sorry to hear you had an attack of vertigo, never pleasant. Well done on the box of sewn items and the donations for the Harry Johnson Trust. Alzheimer’s is an awful disease both for the sufferer and family. M your quilt is a lovely idea. Happy WOYWW. Angela #13

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can empathize with your vertigo because I experienced it once myself. Not a good feeling. Glad it didn't ruin your holiday at least. LOVE the Fidgety quilt. and I am so impress with how you give so very, very much back to the community. Happy WOYWW from # 4.

Caro said...

Vertigo is horrid, so sorry to hear that you had an attack while on holiday. The only Buxton I know is only 45 minutes away from me in Derbyshire - I love it there and have had the pleasure of singing in the Opera house a number of years ago. Love the quilt and the post about your donations. Happy WOYWW. Take care, with love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#15)

Neet said...


How wonderful to be awajy again - I long for a visit to our caravan, so long since we were there.
Hugs, Neet1 xx

Lynnecrafts said...

Hope your vertigo is better Annie, and I’m glad you still got to go out into the lovely Peak District (or the Staffordshire Alps as I’ve seen them called🤣). Your fidget quilt is lovely. Well done for raising so much for your charity.
Take care
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 8 x

Julia Dunnit said...

Gosh I bet the HJ trust can’t believe their luck to have you on their team. That box of goodies will be so good for them. Well done you generous and lovely person. Make no mistake over the fidget quilt too.. it will be a massively useful thing for some poor soul. Specially in the sundown hours.