Friday 30 June 2023

This week's smiles.....week 519

 Firstly I must say sorry that I didn't manage to get around the blogs last week.....we were away on an adventure down in south Devon in our caravan and the internet at the campsite was poor.  We had a wonderful few days but I was very missed so have come home to a lot of work.








Here are a few snaps we took while away.  We visited Dartmouth, Plymouth, Salcombe to name but a few.  The sun shone all weekend and our batteries were well charged.





We saw some amazing sunsets from sitting out near the caravan and I managed to snap these pics of the sun getting lower in the sky.





As we arrived home and before we put the caravan back on the drive I took a few pics of the bees enjoying the lavender on the front garden.




I snapped these pics of the huge piles of factory trousers that my darling hubby and I had taken all the old zips out of one evening....I took these pics not really because they make me smile but because I wont be doing many more batches of these because.......



.....this arrived this week...it is now official ....I will be able to get my pension on 23rd October 2023.....and that definately made me smile.

I don't plan to stop sewing but I will be stopping doing the factory trousers....and my sore aching hands from doing this latest batch reminds me why.






Our back garden continues to make us smile.....everywhere you look there is something to make you smile.







Of course I have to end with a few funnies....I hope you leave here smiling and will link up at the bottom to share your own smiles of the week.
Hugs,
Annie x




9 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Congratulations on getting your pension in Oct. I know you can't wait. Your photos from your trip were marvelous. Lovey shots of places I will more than likely never visit. And that sunset is divine.

I am SO envious of your lavender. Goodness you have a lot of it. And it's great to see that bees like it, too.

Laughed at the funnies and found Sconehenge to be adorable. Have a super Friday and a wonderful weekend, too, dear Annie.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Forgot to mention that I will be gone until late this afternoon, which will be evening in the UK and Europe. I'm going out of town and will be late getting home, but will visit when I return.

Iris Flavia said...

Wonderful, wonderful pics of your time-out! And garden. And yay to your pension.
Thank you for the smiles, too, have a great Friday.

Lisca said...

Sorry no blogpost from me today. We are sailing from Sardinia to Barcellona in Spain and we had no internet last night. But all is well.
Hugs
Lisca

Twiglet said...

Great post Annie. Climb it change and Sconehenge made me chuckle. 🤣

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, pleased you had a nice time away. Bet you'll be pleased when you don't have those trousers to fix. Loving the funnies they made me smile for sure. Take care and have a good weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

Devon was my mum and dad's favourite place so we had a lot of caravan holidays there when I was small. I am glad you enjoyed it too.
Your sunset photos are beautiful. What a super view to have.
I don't envy you all those trousers to work on but soon you will be joining us 'pensionistas'.I know you will continue sewing but at least you can pick and choose which projects you work on.
Your flowers are as beautiful as ever, and your 'funnies' did make me smile'. Kate x

LA Paylor said...

retirement is awesome! congrats and what a lush garden
we have few to no bees here, I am having to pollinate my tomato blossoms with a finger.
too many pesticides which give me migraines.
laughing at scone-henge
LeeAnna who cannot make a decent scone

Helen said...

great photos from the trip away. well done on getting your pension, I have another couple of years to wait Have a good weekend