Friday 11 February 2022

This week's smiles....week459

 Hello all and a happy Friday to you all.  I'm here to catch up with the smiles from the last week and I'm lucky to say there's been plenty to smile about.




On Wednesday I had Gina here [hense the photo of me!].  She sat crocheting and I sat making bunting in bright colours for Theo's bedroom.



Here's the proof that I finished making it and just how pleased he was when he came home from school to see it....it makes everything worth while doesn't it?



Here's Gina sat in my sewing room crocheting her ripple blanket.  I'm so proud of her progress with her crocheting and just look at that gorgeous baby bump in her lap....I actually felt him kick this week  :-)


I thought you would like to meet our next grandson....it's a 4D scan of him now at 30 weeks. He's about 2lb 14oz now. Modern technology is amazing isn't it?  We have also seen videos of him moving and really feel like we are getting to know him before he arrives.....he's sooooo like his big brother.




The next generation are progressing well on their sewing machines....these are 19 hair scrunchies that Lexi has made for their school performance of Joseph.



And this is a project that Phoebe is working on at school....it's a design of a crisp packet and she has used free machine stitching on the front.

I'm so proud to see my grandchildren sewing.


Finally here's a funny I saw on Facebook....it could have been written about Milly.  Every new toy she gets she shakes it till she 'kills' it and I don't think she has one with a 'living' squeaker in it now lol.

I hope you have enjoyed sharing my smiles and will share yours by linking up at the bottome of the page.

Hugs,

Annie x

9 comments:

Lisca said...

What a lot of things to smile about!Gina is really doing well with her crochet! Theo's bunting is lovely. And that sweet bump....Isn't technology amazing!
I really giggled at the funny of the dogs destroying toys. I think a lot of dogs do that.
Lexi is very good at sewing. You teach them young. And Phoebe's project looks really good.
Hae a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Lynn Holland said...

What a lovely post Annie and so nice to see you.
It’s incredible how far we have come with technology. I find it truly amazing to be able to see and know so much already about babies before they are born. It’s all very exciting
I’m chuckling about naughty Milly. At least she’s not tearing up toilet rolls like one of ours used to do haha.
Have a good weekend lovely friend
Lynn xxx

Twiglet said...

Oh such a brilliant crafty post - well done to all. xx

mamapez5 said...

The bunting is fun, and is bright and cheerful for Theo's room. It was interesting to see Gina crocheting. her style of working is so different from mine. I hold my hook like a pencil and have the wool raised on the middle finger of my left hand. Gina's way is the style the Spanish mostly use.
The children are cetainly doing well with their machine. You must be a good teacher Annie.
Isn't that baby picture amazing. Just thinkingback, I didn't even have a basic scan with my first two. We have come a long way since then.
I smiled at the doggie cartoon. My dogs didn't take to toys even as pups. I think maybe it was because I had them in twos so they played with one another.
A lovely happy post today. Kate xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Stopped by to say Hi and saw you when I did. What amazing technology they have now. When you were pregnant, I suspect you had to wait till the baby was born to know what it was. Now this 4-D is incredible.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie. Milly is obviously a true Terrier, once you've killed it it's not worth bothering with. Maisie and Stan aren't even interested in toys, guess they just don't run away so nothing worth chasing! A border terrier we had used to chew at the toys to get the squeaker out and swallowed one so we always took them out after that. Great to see the children having a good time and the young needle artists especially. It's interesting to see the 4D scan though I actually find it a bit scary but that's probably just me. Have a great weekend, hugs Angela xXx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, lots to smile about this week. Its really lovely to see a pic of you - it's a rarity. The bunting is brilliant - perfect for Theo's room. Gina certainly picked up how to crochet very quickly and she's made some lovely items too. I'm sure the blanket is going to be another success. I'm so impressed with the what the girls have been making too, those scrunchies and the crisp packet project are fabulous. Well done to Phoebe for her free motion stitching - it's not the easiest technique to master. The funny made me chuckle. I can just see Millie 'killing'her toys. Loved the 4D photo. Technology is amazing! What next, I wonder. Have a fabulous weekend. Hugs, Ellie xx

LA Paylor said...

my dog almost aspirated his squeaker the other night...fun to sew with friends...

Catriona said...

What lovely photos and everyone showing their creativity. Theo looks delighted with his bunting and I can’t believe how tall he is!
Gina really has got to grips with crocheting and it’s a lovely photo of her in your sewing room. Happy weekend.