Friday 28 January 2022

This week's smiles....week 457

 Happy Friday to one and all.  I have lots to smile about this week because I am now feeling more myself and have had lots of sewing to do to keep me busy....and it's so lovely to feel up to doing it all.

We had a visit from a young lady that 30 years ago I childminded at just 6 weeks old from 8 in the morning to 6 at night....she really was part of the family.  She very proudly came to show us her gorgeous baby boy and it was so lovely to see what a lovely little mummy she has become.....special memories were made.



I'm sharing the gorgeous flowers we have in our living room window now.  The Amaryllis has now bloomed....its over 30" tall and there are 4 huge blooms...aren't they stunning?

One of my orchids has decided to bloom too...it has lots of huge white blooms too.


The garden is full of promise...lots of bulbs are shooting up now.  I love this time of year.


Finally I saw this funny on Facebook and it made me chuckle....I hope it does you too.

That's my lot for this week.  Please share your smiles by linking up below and have a great week.

Hugs,

Annie x

7 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Gosh, I was going to comment on your lovely orchid, but was afraid I'd get egg on my face if I did!

Seriously, the orchid is beautiful and this must be the year of the amaryllis. I've seen several that are HUGE this year and have four or five distinct flowers on them. Have a super Friday and a great weekend, dear Annie.

Lisca said...

I managed to link with my phone. I’m at the airport queuing for check in.
Your amaryllis is spectacular.
Glad you are feeling better.
Have a lovely weekend,
Lisca

Catriona said...

Beautiful flowers giving us hope for better days soon. X

Twiglet said...

Stunning blooms Annie - certainly make us smile. So glad you are feeling better. xx Jo

mamapez5 said...

I am still chuckling at your eggs, but that amaryllis is beautiful. I am always amazed at how strong those tall stems are. They nearly always carry three or four huge blooms. Of course the orchid is equally lovely.
I looked back at your Wednesday post and have to say I love the crocheted blanket. The colours are my first choice range too.
So glad you are feeling better. Spring is just around the corner, and the bulbs in your garden are feling it too. Kate x

LA Paylor said...

omg that egg crime scene!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, glad to see your feeling better and able to get back to work. Your amaryllis and orchid are gorgeous and it's nice to see those shoots are peeping through. I keep looking in my garden, so far I've spotted bluebells peeping through but no snowdrops yet. Hope they've not died off altogether. Love the funny. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Ellie xx