Friday 18 June 2021

This week's smiles.....week 426

 It's been a rollercoaster sort of week for me. It's certainly been one filled with smiles but workwise it's been an all or nothing sort of week.....nothing Monday or Tuesday and on Wednesday I had a Bridesmaid's dress needing lots of work to make it fit, 2 dresses needing shortening, a dressing gown needing shortening, a pair of cropped trousers needing shortening and on top of all that I had 3 memory bears and a memory cushion cover that had to be made by the end of Thursday!!.....And, you know me, it's all been done now apart from finishing off the bridesmaids dress :-)

My smiles this week are....




On Saturday I went with my hubby, one of my best friends, her son, our son Mark and his wife to Edgbaston to watch the cricket.  We all had to have negative Covid tests to go and it was amazing to be out in the fresh air enjoying a wonderful day with family and best friends....it was just a shame England didn't win the cricket.




We went by train to the cricket and as you can see I sat by my best buddy...I call her my little sis and love her to bits.
I love this photo. :-)



As the Euros football is being played at the moment my darling hubby had to get his England shirt on when they were playing [the grandchildren like to see him wearing it :-) ].





Little Theo was excited to be wearing his England kit too...as I'm sure you can tell :-)





This photo really made me smile this week.  Lexi sent it to me with the message 'Nan would be pleased'.
Nan was my mum and she used to really enjoy grapefruit for her breakfast [something that makes my teeth go on edge...I really don't like them].  Happy memories eh?



Lastly but by no means least....Lulu's school have been writing letters to local businesses asking for donations of plants and seeds for the garden at their school and Lulu and her friend had written to Tesco.  Tesco had replied asking if they could take photos of the girls with their lovely letter and the plants they donated to the school and here's the result....well done girls.

That's all from me for today...I may be a little late in visiting this week as we are off on our adventures today in the motor home....Lake District here we come :-)

Hugs,
Annie x






9 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sounds like you have the roaming bug! Hope you enjoy your time away.

Theo and your husband have another bug. I know nothing about cricket, but it looks like you and your family do.

I'm with Lexi. I love grapefruit, too. Congrats to Lulu and her writing skills that got these plants for their school. I can tell you are very proud of her. Hope you enjoy your weekend and have a great week, too.

Twiglet said...

Fab photos! Well done to Lulu on her letter writing skills - family strength I think. Enjoy your weekend. xx Jo

mamapez5 said...

You certainly had some work there to do, but now you can go away and relax knowing it is done.
All little boys love a football strip and Theo is obviously very happy in his.
Well done on Lulu and her school initiative. That was a good result.
I am with Lexi. I love grapefruit. I couldn't eat it for a while because I was on statins, but I stopped taking them so I can enjoy my grapefruit again.
I hope you have a lovely time in the Lake District and look forward to hearing all about it next week. Kate x

Lisca said...

Gosh you have been busy! Some people are really inconsiderate, aren't they. You had to work on your day off so you could get it all done. That is dedication for you!
I also read your WOYWW blog and I'm glad you managed to get it all done and now relax in your motorhome.
Cricket is a total mystery to me. I didn't even know that they had such big stadiums. My idea of cricket is Midsummer murders village green stuff! The guy in the photo with the T-shirt that reads Nervous 50, made me smile.
Great photo of your and your bestie! Full of girlie giggles.
I'm with Lexie. I love grapefruit. We actually had some for breakfast as we are going out for lunch (so a light breakfast is called for). It is an acquired taste though. I didn't like it as a child.
Well done Lulu and friend for composing a letter that obviously had an impact. The plants will look lovely.
Have a lovely weekend in your motorhome,
Hugs,
Lisca

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Annie,
I’m not linking in but wanted to pop in and say hi here too.. love your smiles day. And so very glad you managed to get it all done as read your WOYWW post and really felt for you and prayed all would be well.
I think you were sewing for England that day!
Dedication plus. And how absolutely wonderful to go to Edgebaston for the cricket what a grand memory, I wonder who did win if it wasn’t England.
And your grandees are simply wonderful .. the girls are especially dedicated like their grandma to try to get plants for their garden, wonderful indeed.
Thanks for Sharing, God bless and keep you safe, and all those you love, hugs Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, I am here at last. I seem to have been late with everything this week just been a bit busy with mum and hairdressers today and a new pond filter....well it just goes on. Looks like you've been keeping busy and having some good days. I'm afraid we are a Rugby household here so all that football on TV is just a pain but at least now there are more stations to find things to watch. Hope you have a lovely weekend, Angela xXx

junemac2 said...

Love all the happy summer photo's. Well done girls indeed. I would like to join you in the Friday smiles posts (hope i can remember each week ) and have linked up with my first post in my blog in a while.
Hugs June x

Lynn Holland said...

You’ve had a sporty week that’s for sure . What a pity we’re not still at the caravan we could have had a meet up.
I hope you have some good weather, a nice rest and some good laughs along the way
Lynn xxx

Olde Dame Holly said...

My father ate half a grapefruit for breakfast almost every day of his adult life! There was also a "special" recipe one he would eat sometimes, that has a chicken liver and a sugar crust over it all that is broiled...you had a lovely week, with lovely people!